139 members have voted

1. 1. Should the USA legalize Marijuana

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i vote no, the main reason is HARASSMENT..i smoke 3 packs of cigarettes a day, yea i know :sick: I'm a sick evil person :crackup: being over taxed, over regulated, told by the communist state where i can and can not smoke, telling me that I cost tax payers billions of dollars in in health care, and KILLING everone with my second hand smoke :icon_bs: can you just imagine what would happen if people were smoking pot in public what they would say :lol: but then look on the bright side, BILLIONS of dollars would be spent in tax money on research to find a cure for the next round of cancers and other health risk from smoking pot. IMO.. like CANCER and AIDS researchers DO NOT want to find a cure. why? because they will louse there BILLIONS AND BILLIONS of dollars every year that goes into THERE pockets... :mad::banghead::rant:

have a nice day.. :D

:seeya:

I've never done it and I think those that do are idiots but I still feel the U.S. should legalize it, tax it, and sell it. This way it could be somewhat regulated much like alcohol and the government could make some money from it. Whether it is legal or not, idiots will still find a way to abuse it. Amsterdam seems to be doing fine with it legal so I say go for it.

I've never done it and I think those that do are idiots but I still feel the U.S. should legalize it, tax it, and sell it. This way it could be somewhat regulated much like alcohol and the government could make some money from it. Whether it is legal or not, idiots will still find a way to abuse it. Amsterdam seems to be doing fine with it legal so I say go for it.

Ive been to amsterdam, the majority of people high there are Americans who are drunk and walking into walls. :crackup:

Nice place...people are nice

Legalize it cause people are going to do it no matter. Then tax the crap out of it so gas will be cheaper.

The goverment would make so much money on it if they were to leagalize it. Just like when alcohol was illegal during prohibtion people still got the alcolhol through many ways, Al Capone, the corrupt poilce force. Just like pot is illegal today, their are the dealers selling to anyone who wants it. I bet if the goverment were to legalize it would be less potent type of pot that would give you less of a high this way the goverment could have control on what goes in and what stays out, but the gov will never leaglize it.

24 vs 19...stoners are still on top!! :lol:

:jester:

:crackup::driving:

I voted yes... Once in a great while (MAYBE once a year) for a special occasion I'll be at a small gathering and it'll come out and I'll have some. Just getting that out of the way. I don't do it to get high, nor would I at all consider myself addicted. I do it purely for relaxation... I seem to be able to breathe easier, sleep much better, and the next day when I wake up it feels like I've just had a 6 hour massage...

Besides the obvious (legalize it, tax it, and use those taxes to get us out of the hugundous national debt that we're in!), I think having it be legal (even if it would be controlled as tobacco and alcohol are), would take away a lot of the appeal of it. A huge problem with pot is that it hits kids like a freight train, and I would blame it (mostly) on the factor that it's "exciting" and "dangerous" to do because it's against the law...

Another thing to take into consideration is that while there are oodles of teenagers getting caught with this stuff, there are also plenty of older people who are more experienced, more controlled with it, and some are even heavier users!

I think ultimately pot should be used in that manner... Just a fun thing to do at small gatherings, used sparingly or on weekends, much in the same way the alcohol should be used (IMO). Of course there will be abusers and addicts, but what is left in our country that doesn't have these problems? Alcohol, cigarettes, Rx drugs... hell, there are even people who are addicted to and abuse masturbation!!!

To achieve that kind of acceptance and calm/controlled use, legalization has to occur first. If that doesn't happen, I cannot see this problem getting any better...

Just my $.02, do what you will with it. :thumbs:

Edited by Rausche (see edit history)

marijuana is legal here in ca. its pretty crazy how many people are legally allowed to posses it. getting your medical license in ca is way to easy. you just go to a certain doctor and tell him you have a certain medical condition pay your fee and walk out the door with a license and you can have one person as your personal caregiver . they are allower to obtain , transport and supply you with it. there are many little shops in the hollywood area known as dispensaries. where they sell it for ridiculous amount of money . however the state laws states that prop 215 is it legal for medcial patients to posses m.j. but the federal law says the oppostie. Since these laws contradict each other these shops get raided and taken down. so right now there are loop holes and all kinds of b.s.

we spend millions trying to keep mary jane out of the united states.....when we could legalize it.....tax it....and use that money to get rid of serious drugs.....METH being the main drug....since it seems to be taking over the world......JMO

:withstupid:

BTW BlkTBSS07's avatar :thumbs:

Im against legalizing it. For those who are in favor and if marijauna was legal would it be ok if your kids were using? I dont think anyone can honestly say they would be ok with it, just my 0.02.

I have said it earlier. I would rather catch my daughter with a dime bag than a 6 pack any day.

Sex while stoned is the bomb..lol werdicles.gif420naughty2.gif

Im against legalizing it. For those who are in favor and if marijauna was legal would it be ok if your kids were using? I dont think anyone can honestly say they would be ok with it, just my 0.02.

I cant say id approve of it, But as said in an earlier post, id rather see my kid with an O rather then a 6 pack or cigs.

BTW BlkTBSS07's avatar :thumbs:

Haha, thanks..Im pretty fond of it myself.

Just throwing a statement out, during 2002 there was some research done, "The black market in marijuana in the United States is estimated at $10 billion per year, and more than 700,000 people are arrested on marijuana charges each year."

Imagine if it was leagalized, the gov. could eaisly double or triple that 10 bil on taxes. Thus putting the money to some good research such as Aids,MS,etc..This is just my thought process on how to better things.

Edited by BlkTbSS07 (see edit history)