Should Marijuana Be Legal In The Us?

usabodyguard

Legalize Marijuana  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Should the USA legalize Marijuana

• Yes
    • No

Im against legalizing it. For those who are in favor and if marijauna was legal would it be ok if your kids were using? I dont think anyone can honestly say they would be ok with it, just my 0.02.

First off, I don't have kids yet, so I'm biased, but if I did have a couple:

YES!!! I would of course sit down and talk to them about it, and make sure that I'm okay with them trying it, as long as it doesn't become an obession (a habitual problem becomes an obsession when it begins to negatively affect other areas of your life, IMO). I wouldn't want them hiding behind my back, and likewise I wouldn't want my house to become some illegal drug safe-house because I'm "cool with it", but I'd much rather favor my son or daughter hopped-up on pot and getting stoned to the dome than consuming mass amounts of liqour and getting alcohol poisoning and dying!!

Edited by Rausche (see edit history)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant say id approve of it, But as said in an earlier post, id rather see my kid with an O rather then a 6 pack or cigs.

Haha, thanks..Im pretty fond of it myself.

Just throwing a statement out, during 2002 there was some research done, "The black market in marijuana in the United States is estimated at $10 billion per year, and more than 700,000 people are arrested on marijuana charges each year."

Imagine if it was leagalized, the gov. could eaisly double or triple that 10 bil on taxes. Thus putting the money to some good research such as Aids,MS,etc..This is just my thought process on how to better things.

Not to mention the space that it would clear in our overcrowded jails for "real" criminals, now whether or not that would just mean the same ones in jail now go back in is another story.

Sure lets legalize the gateway drug and then crack. Lets get real here. Thats a stupid thing to do and I hope that they don't ever do that.

:withstupid: to those who say it's not a gateway drug, good for you.. but i've seen people who have gone on to worst things because of weed. the problem is once you allow yourself to use anything as an escape from your problems or to alter your mood, it becomes a crutch to lean on.. which in the end just slows or completley stops you from actualy dealing with your problems and thats never a good thing... and if your a week or curious person, it may lead you to try other types of highs.

I think those statistics are just like Apple people saying their computers are better than others because they don't get viruses. The more pot heads you get, the more statistics will start to pile up.

I've seen some pretty sad weed stories first hand. Completely change a person.

I've seen some pretty sad booze stories first hand. Completely change a person.

Like anything else, an addiction isn't healthy.

:withstupid: about 70% of my friends smoke, i knew them all way before they tried it and it did'nt have a good affect on any of there lifes... (some worst then others). some people (like me) can drink on occasion and control it easily, others cant.. the same go's for weed, if you can smoke once and a while and it has no affect or control of your life, than i say fine.. but like bigO said, if it becomes an addiction then theres a problem. of course theres no way to regulate which individuals can or can't handle it so there is the problem?.

Depends upon your state. Ca, NV and a few others have some huge loop holes in there laws. Nv you need a medical card. Finding a doc is pretty easy as they advertise in the local papers. You get a card that allows you to purchase smoke grow up to a certain quantity. Ca also has a similiar set-up. Ca has a bigger simpler plan where you can grow and sell to medical research as long as you fill out some pretty simple paper work. Do your legal research boys go to a local hemp fest. Do not get answers online you will end up in jail over false info.

Make it legal :cheers: . Its easy enough to get, tax it and be done with it. You can't worry about the few people who are going to abuse it. Those people are everywhere abusing booze, crack, wife, fatty foods, whatever it is some people will still abuse it big deal. I smoke pot a few times a week and have been the last few years. I know it has not effected my life in a negative way, I have a great job, my boat, girlfriend of three years, my SS :jester: and things have been great. When I have a bad day at work come home just pissed off and grumpy. I smoke a bowl and grumpy pissed off me is gone. Thats me thoe I am not saying its for everyone, but working six-seven days a week is stressful enoff and sometimes is nice to take the edge off.

Edited by bagged7104ss (see edit history)

• 2 months later...

from what i learned back in high school george washington used it as a cash crop. maybe that tells us something. alcohol impairs you in so many worse ways so id be for the legalization. my parents told me when i was growing up they would rather see me smoke weed than drink. every one has their opinion though

I've never smoked pot, dont ever plan on doing it either. I'm in the same boat as Drako, I rarely smoke or drink, and never in excess. I'm against it being legal because it is just another drug for people to abuse. I'm not saying that everyone will abuse, but like alcohol there will be those who use in excess and ruin it for everybody else. :idiot:

its funny how many people think that if its legalized thousands of people are gonna line up to go try it all of a sudden, like the legality of it is what is holding them back.... yeah right!!!

personally i would much rather see my kids smoking instead of binge drinking or smoking cigs, but will definitely express my want for them to wait... just like sex and any other activities that should be for adults.

being asthmatic, i've even asked my doctor about it's affects compared to cigs, he said its far less harmful if used moderately, like 1 -2 times a day. I used to smoke, but not once since 2006, because I can tell a huge difference... cigs would kill my lungs and make me hack every morning.... pot has little to no effect on my lungs, as long as i don't over do it. It does have a serious effect on my ADD though...

I do it purely for relaxation... I seem to be able to breathe easier, sleep much better, and the next day when I wake up it feels like I've just had a 6 hour massage...

That feeling you feel the next day is the THC still circulating in your body, this is what helps calm you.... and my brain from thinking about seventeen different things at once

I have said it earlier. I would rather catch my daughter with a dime bag than a 6 pack any day.

Sex while stoned is the bomb..lol werdicles.gif420naughty2.gif

:withstupid:

on both accounts!!!! :smoker:

i voted yes, and the majority with close to 100 is for legalizing :D

i say legalize it.

use or don't, its your own choice just like alcohol or cigs or whatever.

i think if you don't legalize it, then alcohol, cigs, and other harmful things should all be banned. then ban anything that seems bad.

then ban more. take away more privelages, take away more choices. just turn us all into robots that all act alike and are all programmed the same, and then hopefully we can all end up looking exactly alike...and....

hope this makes sense.

I dunno ... I smoked it when I was a teen. Kinda fell out of it when more responsibilities ... of adulthood ... came into play. Always was used for recreational purposes ... not so much for escaping the world's problems. Now ... it's just not an important part of my life. Did I quit? ... no ... not really. I haven't bought any in many years ... but if I hook up with an old friend and he hands me a big 'ol fat cannon ... I'll spark it up. But again ... it's not an important part of my life anymore. I'm kinda on the fence about the legality. Both sides have valid points. There's a difference between use and abuse. It goes with everthing in life. Moderation is key.

gateway drug? lol... thats funny. i love how drug issues really show how narrow minded people can be... alcohol is FAR worse on so many levels... but that is legal.

in 2006 17,602 people were killed due to drunk driving... every 30 minutes someone dies from alcohol related driving.

Approximately 275,000 persons are injured or disfigured yearly by alcohol-impaired drivers. One third of these are children.

An exhaustive search of the literature finds no credible reports of deaths induced by marijuana. The US Drug Abuse Warning Network (DAWN) records instances of drug mentions in medical examiners' reports, and though marijuana is mentioned, it is usually in combination with alcohol or other drugs. Marijuana alone has not been shown to cause an overdose death.

hmmm....

I agree with usabodygaurd and 52 others yes

Coming from a guy whos never smoked pot "me" and all my friends do, its a hassel for me to drive them around to get some, if its legal u can jsut buy high dosages and keep it around to get jacked :) Just legalize it makes everyone elses lives easier :cheers: