Anyone Recognize This Truck?

Bowtie70SS

A buddy of mine is gonna buy this truck for $14K. It has weird looking dual exhaust and has had some paint work, a small dent on the bed rail and a clear carfax. We think it came from Virginia and is currently being sold in Kentucky.

post-7081-1195705306_thumb.jpg

If you recognize it let me know. Thanks!!

Dave

Edited by Bowtie70SS (see edit history)

:withstupid: ya...... id knock a few thousand off for that monstrocity that they call a dual exhuast lol. but seriously, make sure someone personally checks the truck out. i recently saw a car that the carfax neglected to say was in a $12k accident which involved alot of things but mainly half of a floor from another car tacked in.

:puke: that exhaust is hideous. lots of people have that style of exhaust up here. one guy even went as far to say that dual glass packs will gain more power than a corsa.

anyways, did you guys test drive the truck? did it drive ok?

I think $14,000 is very cheap, there must be a reason for it, in my opinion anyway. I don't know what year it is how many miles are on it, but last month when I totalled my 04 SS with 38k miles, the insurance paid me $24,000 for it. There has to be a reason for it to be so cheap.

OK gentleman. I am the person who purchased this truck, so I will answer some questions.

As for the exhaust, it's god awful, isn't it?

I drove the truck and it runs strong. It has 79,000 miles on it. Carfax is clean. No filler in the truck, no sign of water damage etc etc. Has a good clean title. Truck originally out of I think Virginia, went to FLA and then came to KY where I bought it at a dealer auction. We have a family friend with a dealership who did me a favor by purchasing this truck for me at dealer cost and letting me have it for 15200. It has a couple of flaws like worn front seat, a small dent in the driver's side bed rail and a few dings. All sheet metal alignment is factory perfect. Only thing wrong with the truck is that awful exhaust. It rattles also.... I hate it. I am planning on putting a factory exhaust back on it. It sounds like a farm truck LOL. Anyhow, the title is good. No salvage, no flood, no collisions on the car fax. Looks like it had a small amount of paint work on the driver's bed side. Nothing big. I think I did pretty well on it. Paint is still nice on it, and shines nicely. The engine has great oil pressure, with no funny noises. It stops well, runs very well, suspension is still nice and tight. Back set looks brand new. Factory 20's look to be in good shape. It's gonna need tires in the semi near future. The dash board is a little but of paint coming off here and there but that can be fixed. Has factory everything down to the air cleaner. The engine compartment looks very clean, not like it was just cleaned, but like it was always kept clean. I plan to give it a tune up ASAP with new fluids, plugs, etc etc etc.

Sorry for being so long winded.

P.S I live in Central Kentucky.

Edited by YenkoChevelle69 (see edit history)