• YES
    • YES - I HAVE SEEN ONE MYSELF
    • NO
    • skeptical

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

chevygal - your second experience is very VERY common, although myself personally i have never seen a ghost, my business aprtner worked as a parapsychologist for many years... went all around the ocuntry in search of sitings and such. But when you said you woke up - the common part i speak about it, you are MOST suseptable to see ghosts when you are between states of awake and sleep... your mind is most open to it.

I didn't see one the second time, I just had an image in my head. I moreso felt that one. It was not a dream or half awake; I felt the cold air over my face and heard the wind sound in my ears. It's like when you open a door on a windy day and you hear and feel that rush of wind. It went right over my face and into the wall behind me. I've had times when I had the feeling like someone was climbing into my bed and I've also been poked in the side while laying down and being awake. I'll say this much, since I sprinkled the holy water and told it to leave me alone, it hasn't been back.

I voted skeptical because I'm the type of person that needs to see something with my own eyes in order to believe it. My parents own three homes, and when they bought their second house, my mother told me that the first night she slept there, she woke up in the middle of the night and saw two ghosts that were young boys at the foot of the bed. This house was used as an orphanage for young boys back in the 1800s. Perhaps these two young boy ghosts were greeting my parents and thanking them for bringing the house back to life :confused: ....

Voted yes and had a few sightings that those ghost hunters on TV would kill to catch on tape...

First time: It was actually a connection to my great-grandfather. He had been sick and in the hospital for cancer that had spread to his lungs and other major organs. The morning he passed, I woke up at 4:10 AM gasping for breath and it took several minutes after that to try to calm down. I yelled for my parents (I was 8 at the time) and they took me into the bathroom to try to get me calmed down (they had thought that I had a nightmare or something). Later that morning, my grandmother called to tell my mom her grandpa had died. I heard her ask a couple of questions while I was in the other room, then I heard something drop on the floor... I went in to see what it was and my mom had dropped the phone and was standing still as could be and crying. She said that great-grandpa Jessie had passed away at 4:10 that morning and had quit breathing on his own...

The next one was only a few years ago in a house we lived in for 3 years (until 1999). It had been built in the early 20's and the elderly couple that lived there had died a few years before we got the place. The guy we got it from had sold it to us for well under market value and when asked, he explained that he had "problems" and couldn't take care of it any more. After living there a few months, we found out what the "problems" were. Several separate instances, my wife and I felt the floor shake violently, like an earthquake. We literally thought the foundation had caved in! One of these times, I was laying in the middle of the floor watching TV with my wife and came an inch off of the carpet when it happened!!! We also had cups "fall" out of the cupboard several times while nobody was even in that room, and also had "knocking" coming from inside the master bedroom closet.

Most recently: We toured the U.S.S. Yorktown in Charleston, and the main mess hall gave me and my wife the cold shiver as we walked into the room. I had my digital camera and my wife had a Kodak 35mm film disposable one... We both took pictures of the three room corners we could see from that entrance and all 6 pictures from both cameras were so blurry you couldn't make anything out, except the faint outline of a person off to the left of each picture. I'll have to find those pics...

I voted yes, that I do believe. Thankfully I have not actually seen a ghost in person, but I have experienced some things that I can not explain in my parents house. My shepard (RIP) use to get up out of a sound sleep at different times of the night every so often and run to the main staircase and just look up and bark, like he was barking at something. Whenever he would do this, you would feel chills all over your body. Sometimes he did this while we were all just sitting in the living room watching tv, and others everyone might be in bed sleeping during the middle of the night. Just curious, I went to go see a psychic like 10yrs ago and he told me a few things that left me with questions. He recorded our session for me to listen to at a later date to see if things make more sense to me latter in life, I have never listened to it, maybe I will now. BUT anyways, he told me about a lady who liked to visit and just stand in the main staircase to watch over people, was someone who was proud of the house and work that she had done to it years ago when she lived here. Well hearing that freaked me out so I told him about what my dog would do at times about barking at the bottom of the steps for no reason and the physic said it was because the dog could see her when she came to visit :confused: Keep in mind, I did NOT tell him about what the dog would do from time to time till long after he told me about the lady in the steps!!!

I also had some problems with things just going missing out of no where. When I was doing some refinishing work on the 3rd floor, I would quit for the night and the next day some things would be missing, like a hammer or screwdriver that I know for a fact that I left laying in the middle or a room, then out of no where a few days latter, they would reappear Oh, there was also one night while up on the 3rd floor working on refinishing some doors a desk lamp decided to turn it's self on and off. The desk lamp has a know that you have to turn to turn it on and off. How the hell could something like this turn it's self on and off on it's own???????

I was also once down in the basement cleaning up some paint brushes and out of no where, something tugged on the back of my shirt 2 times, the chills going up my back to my brain freaked me out and I had to leave.

And now the biggest thing that happened in the house but I did not experience it. One night when my mom was still alive she was sitting at the kitchen table reading the paper and getting some things ready. Well our house was built in 1929 and we have a second staircase that is in our kitchen and meets up to the main staircase on the second floor landing. My mom was sitting at the kitchen table facing the fireplace and she said a lady floated down the hallway into the kitchen and up the back staircase. She first thought it was me walking down the hallway to come talk to her in the kitchen, but when she placed the newspaper down to turn around and talk to me, she seen some lady with no feet float up the back kitchen steps. She waiting 3 weeks before she told me about this because she was scared to see how I would react to hearing that.

i voted yes. i have seen a ghost too. when i was about 17 we lived ina house that had a spirit. i was homeone night and saw a black shadow coming down the stairs. eventually my mom told me about the same spirit walking in front of her tv one night. one day she was washing her hair and felt somebody pushing her head down in the sink. when my mife first got married we rented this house . one day i was walking out of the kitchen. suddenly a puff of cigarette smoke went into my face. like someone was smoking . one last thing that happened. i am a project manager for a custom home company. i am currently finishing this house. every time i take pictures i have those "orbs" in it. when i wlk through the house it always feels weird in there. so it doesnt matter if your house is new or not. i will post pics later.

• 7 months later...

I vote yes. Me and my buddy saw beer cans on a glass table move around an ash tray 360 degrees :wtf: . He kept telling me wierd $h!t happened in his room, especially on that table. I didnt believe it until I saw it happen.

I vote yes. Me and my buddy saw beer cans on a glass table move around an ash tray 360 degrees :wtf: . He kept telling me wierd $h!t happened in his room, especially on that table. I didnt believe it until I saw it happen.

Yeah, I use to see crazy shit when I drank too :lol:

I've got a true creepy story for you. On Christmas Eve in 1996, I went to my friends' house for dinner. She was a girl that I worked with and it was going to be just herself and her husband. They were staying home because his elderly mother was in the hospital very sick. So we had dinner and then my friend Karen and I were in the living room. She was looking for a certain Christmas cd and her husband, Bob, was starting a fire in the fireplace. So I'm sitting on the couch and to my left, was a set of stairs going up to the second level. The fireplace was just behind me and to my left. I guess Bob forgot to open the flue and as he was using the bellows to stoke the fire, smoke was coming out of the fireplace and filling the room, but neither he nor Karen noticed. I'm sitting there and out of the corner of my eye, I saw an old woman coming down the stairs. Even though my head wasn't turned directly at her, I saw her. She was a tiny woman and her hair was up in a bun. She had on a black dress and black flat shoes. Her hand was on the banister as she came down. I turned and looked at her and saw her just for a split second and then she seemed to swirl away with the smoke. At that moment, all the fire alarms in the house went off and by now, you could see the smoke. So my friends jump up and they're opening all the doors and windows and fanning the smoke alarms. I remember sitting there not knowing if I should help or just sit. It was all over in about five minutes but for that time, it was chaos.

After everything settled down, Karen joined me on the couch and Bob was cleaning up. I said to her, "Is there someone staying upstairs?" She said, "No, why?" I said, "I thought I saw someone coming down during the chaos." She said, "Nope, just us." A little while later, some neighbors came over and we were sitting and talking and then the phone rang. Bob answered it and I could tell by his tone and words, that it was about his mother. I looked at Karen and she looked at me like she knew. So I politely excused myself, thanked them, and left.

On Monday, when we were back to work, the first thing Karen asked me is about who I thought I saw. When I descriped the old lady her face went white and she said, "Oh my God, you saw Mary!" She asked me what time that was and I said it had to be about 8:15 because we had finished dinner at 8:00. She told me that the call was from Bob's sister, saying the mother had passed away . . . at 8:15! I guess the mother had come to say good bye to her son. The funny thing is, everyone always said that I could have been Bob's sister, we looked so much alike. So I wonder if she confused me with Bob.

I will never forget that night. I've had another sort of encounter before that, where I was at another friend's house, a very old house in Gloucester, MA. Again, I was sitting in a living room when it happened. We were actually talking about ghosts and that an old woman had lived in the house. All of a sudden, we heard a noise in the fireplace and we got up to see. Something had fallen from inside the fire place and when we looked, it was an old fashioned hair pin. Gives me the creeps every time I think about it.

Edited by chevygal (see edit history)