usabodyguard

do you believe in ghosts?  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in ghosts?

• YES
    • YES - I HAVE SEEN ONE MYSELF
    • NO
    • skeptical

those kind of exorcism's happen more often than you think. if it happened to your parents, then why wouldn't you believe them. you think there making it up or something just to scare you? i vote yes because this type of shit has been going on for a long time now.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really sure what to think on this. I have owned a house that ex's would not stay over night in because they felt it was haunted. Things would move from where they had placed them the night before. LIghts would go on and off in the middle of the night, (bathrooms mostly) as if someone walked in turn the lights on, did their business, and lights out when they were done.

I saw the lights thing happen a few times.. I felt it was old wiring(1800's) knob and tube converted to romex after I got the place. I have never had anything mis-placed on me, when I was there or heard any sounds or crys, nor did I have any creep feelings.

The story of the house was printed in the local paper, it was last owned by a husband and wife who both died in the house. He had alzheimers, went outside to do yard work had a stroke, the neighbors called 911. The wife heard all the comotion out front and went to see what was going on, and saw the paramedics doing CPR on her husband and had a stroke. They both died there and then. Kind of one of those cant live without you love stories.

As for pets running into a room and barking ro pawing... This is usually mice. I can't say I don't believe in ghost as much as I do residule engery. Bodys respond to electrical pulses, that is the way I would explain hot/cold flashes, as well as light orbs..

I voted skeptical because i havent experienced anything yet but with all these stories there has to be something going on.In the 80's my buddies two brothers bought a multi family house and slowly started to renovate it,they have told me multiple stories of things flying and lights flickering later they found out that when the house was built in the 1800's it was originally used as a funeral home so there must be some kind of energy in that house.

3 of my friends and I TRIED to spend the night in an old cemetary in Jackson MI when we were teenagers. It is supposedly haunted. Pointless to go into detail but we saw some freaky stuff that night and none of us has ever been back after dark. Alcohol and some good drugs can account for some of it :jester: but not all. Anyone wants directions just let me know. Not getting my skinny old butt back there though. :jester:

I voted skeptical. I lived for a while in Amityville, Long Island, one block from the famous "Amityville Horror" house. Nice house, no horrors. Of course, that doesn't mean that wierd stuff doesn't happen. It's like life on other worlds; it would be foolish to think it absolutely cannot be...

Edited by Hankg42 (see edit history)

I most definitely believe. I have seen an appartition and I have felt them. The one I saw happened about 11 years ago. To make a very long story short, I was at my friend's house for Christmas Eve (I worked with her). Her husband's mother was very sick and in the hospital. She was in her nineties I think. Anyway, I'm sitting on the couch after dinner and my friend is looking through her cd's for something and her husband is lighting the fireplace. I thought I saw someone come down the stairs to my left, out of the corner of my eye. I looked and just for a moment I saw a little old lady walking down the stairs. She had her hand on the banister and she was wearing a plain dress with black flat shoes, and had her haid in a bun. It was just for a second that I saw her and then and all of a sudden, all the fire alarms in the house went off. After we opened all the windows and got things back to normal, I asked my friend if there was someone else staying over and she said not, just us. About an hour later, the phone rang and it was her sister-in-law calling to say that the mother had passed away. When we talked in work a few days later, she asked me about when I thought there was someone else in the house. When I described who I saw she said, "Oh my God, you saw Mary!" She must have been coming to say good bye to her son.

The second thing happened about a month ago and all I can say is it was evil. I was alseep but woke up because I felt this fear. I looked at my alarm clock and it was quarter of 1 in the morning. The room was pitch black but I had this image of like a devil face, like the Excorcist type of thing. At the same time, I couldn't move. I could see and hear but I couldn't move a muscle for just a few seconds. Then I felt and heard at the same time, a gust of wind go over my face. It was cold and it howled in my ears. I grabbed my crucifix off the bed board and put it around my neck and said some prayers and told whatever it was to leave. The next day I went to church and got some holy water and sprinkled it all over my room and bed and again told "it" to leave me alone. I think it happened because there's been some turmoil in my house lately and it was feeding off it.

chevygal - your second experience is very VERY common, although myself personally i have never seen a ghost, my business aprtner worked as a parapsychologist for many years... went all around the ocuntry in search of sitings and such. But when you said you woke up - the common part i speak about it, you are MOST suseptable to see ghosts when you are between states of awake and sleep... your mind is most open to it.

as far as seeing some lady walk down the stairs, i think i would have walked out of the house a few seconds later... lol

My daughter is 6 and when the wife took her to the hospital on the cancer floor to see her dad Kaitlyn all of a sudden had some imaginary friends she was talking to and she claims to see some here and everytime she describes them it is the same ones. They say kids are far more sensitive to it.