Mid Continent SS Rally

BSER

Will you be attending?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be attending?

• Definitely
    • Maybe
    • No

Come join us in Wichita, KS on July 9-11 for the Mid Continent SS Rally. We will meet at Line-X (my shop) 167 S. Washington. This is within walking distance of the downtown party scene and the car show. This meet is primarily for SS owners but all are welcome.

We are having this meet in conjuction with the Automobilia Midnight Car Show and Street party Sat July 10th. They have already booked eight bands for the show; many will be playing at the same time on different streets. Several blocks of downtown are blocked off for this event (it's hard to discribe how big this show is). So there will be lots of opportunties for fun and parting. It is free to attend the car show but it will cost if you want to enter your ride ($20 preregistered). Registration opens June 1st on their web site. You can check out Automobiliausa.com for more info.

It would be extremely cool to have a steet full of SS's; they are expecting over 1000 vehicles this year. You will want to preregister so we can all roll in together. The wait to register at the show is horrendous.

We are also planning on spending some time at the local 1/4 mile track, so come prepared ($$$) if you want to do some runs. We will have price info on the track at a later date. It is closed until spring. For those who asked about towing in their race cars, bring em on down, it will be cool watching run.

My shop will be available for all to use (no charge, it's free--don't here that often do you). If you have a mod you would like to do but are kinda leary of going it alone; then this is the perfect oportunity to get it done with others that can help and have probably already done it.

We currently have commitments from Allen of Nelson Performance to come up to do tunes and Joe of Jag Performance for shift kits and other transmission upgrades. Get your spot reserved for these mods early, they will be limited and we expect them to be fully booked prior to the meet.

There also will a discount on Spray-in bed liners and there will be a Spray in SS logo and Bowtie logo available. Do your research, you'll find out Line-X is the best looking, highest quality liner out there. You will need to reserve your spot if you are interested in a liner, we will be doing a very limited number; I've got to leave some time for racing, BSing and brews. Gaylords truck lids and other truck accessories are available for order at special pricing. The new roll pan we designed will also be available, but will need to be preorder if you want to take one home with you. E-mail me if you are interested and I will send you the pricing information.

There are several hotels close to the shop and we will have more info on room rates etc. in the near future. Depending on how many are coming I may be able to get some special rates.

The poll is very informal, I wouldn't count on the numbers you see now. About 30 days out I will start a new thread where I hope to get a much firmer count. You will want to reserve your spot for any mods ASAP though. If you wait till 30 days out you will probably be to late.

Hope to see you there :D

Bob

Line-X Protective Coatings

167 S. Washington

Wichita, KS 67202

(316)858-1197

FAX (316)858-1199

P.S. Check back from time to time for updates to this post. All udates will be in this post only so you won't have to search the entire thread for info. If you have something that you think needs to be added, e-mail or call me.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The location sorta got picked by default. There is another meet being planned for the east coast. No one out west has stepped up yet, maybe they will soon. No matter where it is there is no way to make it easy for everyone.

I hope all will be able to make it, but we know that for some it will just be to far. So we just went with the date and location that seemed to work best for the most. We scheduled it far enogh out to give everyone plenty of time to make plans.

For those that can't attend, we'll take a lot of pics and hope to see you at some future meet.

Im there, talked the wife into taking vacation up that way. Ill be getting a shift kit installed and maybe more if theres time. Where and when do we make arrangements for work we want done. Its going to be a good time cant hardly wait.

Archived