SoCal GEN 1 lightning looking to run

DAVE94LIGHTNING

Hi I am in the San fernando valley. (Northridge) and have seen a black SS hanging out on Thursdays at the Starbucks on Reseda and Devonshire. Lots of fast cars out there and was wondering how a Relatively stock GEN 1 from 1994 would fare against your new SS trucks. Anyhow, the truck is a white GEN 1Lightning and all it has is a 2 chamber flowmaster dual exhaust. I personally think it will whup up on even a lightly modded SS and would eat a stock SS. If you care to prove me wrong show up and we can find out.

BTW.., this is all in good fun so do not flame me. If you want to bring any of your heavily modded SS trucks let me know. I have a Black GEN 1 that will handle that.

Also..if your SS beats the white truck I promise to come back here and pay my due respects. :tu:

later. :devil:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If all you have is a flowmaster, I think you will have some trouble. . .

whats the black one got?

Ive seen a black one running in carlsbad that was pretty quick, and he better be with a liscense plate that said something about being a blown 408 or something like that

Anyhow, the truck is a white GEN 1Lightning and all it has is a 2 chamber flowmaster dual exhaust. I personally think it will whup up on even a lightly modded SS and would eat a stock SS. If you care to prove me wrong show up and we can find out.

Somehow, I doubt an only exhausted Gen 1 L is going to "whup" a stock SS, let alone a modified one. Although since I'm in MO, I can't bring it on.

Good luck, but I think w/ me, you would have bitten off more than you could chew, on the street.

;)

If you want to bring any of your heavily modded SS trucks let me know. I have a Black GEN 1 that will handle that.

I would like to know about the black Gen1 . I am always down for a race :wtf:

Hey viperkiller, how about both of us take him. How far away are you from san fernando?

At first it sounds like it would be an interesting race. Looking at the 'ol "list of times" over at NLOC, it looks like Gen 1s run anywhere from high 15's to 15 flat with a few mild mods like exhaust, filter, shift kit. And they get on down to the mid 14's before the list of mods starts getting a bit long.

Poking around a bit more, I see that DAVE94LIGHTNING has this:

[email protected] (-----) UDEKGP NITROUS

U= Underdrive pulleys

D=Drag Tire

E=Catback Exhaust

K=Shift Kit

G=Gears

P=Power Cooler (what is a "power cooler"?)

So are you proposing the race with or without the nitrous? :D I don't think nitrous qualifies as "lightly modified" :D

In any event, I would be careful playing with an older Lightning. They have had a long time to tinker with those trucks and have probably made more mods than they can remember :D

And there is a 94 Black Lightning on the SoCal list that has a time of :

Best 1/8 E/T: 7.794 @ 86.68 MPH (1.68 60ft) (Irwindale Dragstrip)

Mods were not listed on that one. But I did find this:

http://www.starkracing.net/LIGHTNING.html

I am guessing this is the black one - Built moter, blower, nitrous and still looking pretty sharp for a ten year old truck :thumbs:

At first it sounds like it would be an interesting race. Looking at the 'ol "list of times" over at NLOC, it looks like Gen 1s run anywhere from high 15's to 15 flat with a few mild mods like exhaust, filter, shift kit. And they get on down to the mid 14's before the list of mods starts getting a bit long.

Poking around a bit more, I see that DAVE94LIGHTNING has this:

[email protected] (-----) UDEKGP NITROUS

U= Underdrive pulleys

D=Drag Tire

E=Catback Exhaust

K=Shift Kit

G=Gears

P=Power Cooler (what is a "power cooler"?)

So are you proposing the race with or without the nitrous? :D I don't think nitrous qualifies as "lightly modified" :D

In any event, I would be careful playing with an older Lightning. They have had a long time to tinker with those trucks and have probably made more mods than they can remember :D

And there is a 94 Black Lightning on the SoCal list that has a time of :

Best 1/8 E/T: 7.794 @ 86.68 MPH (1.68 60ft) (Irwindale Dragstrip)

Mods were not listed on that one. But I did find this:

http://www.starkracing.net/LIGHTNING.html

I am guessing this is the black one - Built moter, blower, nitrous and still looking pretty sharp for a ten year old truck :thumbs:

I thought he only had exhaust? Ill still race him though. What happened to him anyway?

Archived