Slowest car you've driven?

chevy38fan

i drove a 3 cylinder metro at work and i was laughing so hard when i got back my gut hurt and i was tearing up. man was that slow.

:D My sisters first car....3 cyl. metro It topped out at 85 mph...somewhere around 70 hp.....12 inch wheels lmao

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Either my friend's 82? Renault four door or an 82 New Yorker we had for sale that belonged to a Mexican National family friend. We would take the "Porsche" as we called the R-Car and the NYker across the border for some wild times in high school. :crazy: Neither would burn rubber and the only way to do a 180 was for it to be raining bad. Did that one Friday night back and forth along a stretch of road 6 miles long until the Yorker ended up in a ditch. :nonod:

My friends "peanut butter brown" mid 80's Honda Civic hatchback.

That thing was a real piece.

Smashed in the front and rear, broken tail light. The motor RAN okay, but wasn't strong at all. You step on the pedal, and it just buzzed real loud. You didn't really move. It's like the motor had a high stall on it, and it wouldn't rev any higher than that stall.

I was so embarassed to ride in that car. He used to insist on driving places, and I could only talk him out of it a few times.

One of the last few times I was in it, we were cruising down a main street in the second largest city in MA. There were three or so clubs/bars at the intersection we stopped at, for a traffic light. There were people everywhere. I "dropped" my cell phone on the floor, and managed to take about a minute to find it. Coincidentally, how long we waited at the light.

He called me out on it. "What the matter, Marc... embarassed to ride in my car?"

It was just his beater car, and he knew it was nasty. It just didn't bother him.

Archived