Silverado Ss L92 H/c

detjoe

Unfortunately tracks dont like to open up here in snow blanketed and freezing rain covered Michigan.

Joe, The setup sounds sweet. I wonder how it compares to a maggie truck? Not trying to setup a race, just really curious, so I look forward to your times as well.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what dose a set of L92 heads costwhat dose a set of L92 heads cost

Alot less than anything else out there. They can be found for under $600 a head complete. Then you will also need to purchase an L92 truck intake or L76 car intake because the LQ9 stock intake from our trucks wont fit the L92 heads. Then you will also probably need larger injectors and should also grab a cam. I think Joe did his setup, like it says, on a budget. If you do all the wrenching yourself, and follow some of Joe's tips in this thread, you can do it probably in the $2k-3K range, and thats with a better torque converter and LT headers too.

Alot less than anything else out there. They can be found for under $600 a head complete. Then you will also need to purchase an L92 truck intake or L76 car intake because the LQ9 stock intake from our trucks wont fit the L92 heads. Then you will also probably need larger injectors and should also grab a cam. I think Joe did his setup, like it says, on a budget. If you do all the wrenching yourself, and follow some of Joe's tips in this thread, you can do it probably in the $2k-3K range, and thats with a better torque converter and LT headers too.

thanks man where do i find all of the stuff to do this :cheers:

Joe,

what is the difference in the 2 injectors? are the o-rings just a different size or is there something else to look out for?

"Marine 42lbs injectors: I am using these so I cont have to mod the fuel rail and can still have the added fuel I will need. I swapped the o-rings from the L92 truck injectors. This also keeps me from changing the injector ends, I don't want any electrical gremlins."

also, what intake gaskets did you use, do the lq9 gaskets work or do you have to use ones for the l92? I know you said you used the gm head gasket but do you know what bore size is for the gasket? I think the 6.2 is a 4.065 bore but the gasket must be bigger i just don't know how much.

thanks much

Brad

Edited by shadowsniper3006 (see edit history)

I used the orings off the truck intake. I read about guys haveing them leak if using the stock oring, so I swapped the L92 injector orings to the 42's

the new gm mls gasket is for the 6.0/6.2L applications...

Joe, check this out... could be a nice addition to your combo!

FAST 102mm L92/LS3 Intake - The intake we have all been waiting for!!!! Set to release Jan 09, Vengeance Racing will be one of the first performance shops in the country to have this intake available. Pricing is TBD. Initial testing shows gains of 14/11 on a STOCK LS3. Vengeance Racing will be testing this intake on several different combos including our 503/449 LS3 C6. Stay Tuned for results and pricing!!!!!

Yeah, I'm anxious to see what a nicely ported set of L92 with a FAST on top and a matched cam can produce!

yep, its right up my alley since my ls3 heads are fully ported. may decide to up the cam spects though from a 232/238 to something bigger.. since i have a chance to put this drivetrain in a rcsb :)