Cai Wars

12'SROCK

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on a full bolt yea i can see it make a difference but on a truck thats not a fully bolt i dont..got the results yet

yeah the results are in just not posted, chpspecial is going to post the results today i hope :D

i am eagerly awaiting the results, but thought id post mine from experience....

i began with a k&n 77 series, with the chrome tube. it heat soaked bad, with IATs of upper 130s while driving (MAF IATs). when i installed the blower, i kept it in. the IATs would shoot to upper 170s while in boost for more than 5-7 seconds. this was with 85 deg ambient temps. i then got an outlaw with the dry filter, and a lingenfelter MAF. i still use the magnachargers IAT sensor tho. now, IATs NEVER go above 150, even if i boost it from 60 mph until i burry the speedo deep. even on the dyno i am seeing an average of about 20 degrees cooler temps. under operation the IAT never really gets more than 35 degrees above the ambient, boost or no boost. its very consistent now, and thanks to the outlaw i got to dump all my knock retard