Cai Wars

12'SROCK

Was the volant tested with a tube down to the brake duct for ram air or no? Woulda be sweet to have a test with or without it...

someone was supposed to bring one down (cough*cough*. ..JOE) but unfortunatly we didnt have one avalible for the test

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all of the sealed box style intakes didnt do better that the open box style ones like they claim to

You'd think they would because of IATs.. on the other hand an open element has a larger air source to pull from, even if a bunch of the air is hotter. I'd think a Volant with Ram Air duct would still beat all in the end. However, you've peaked my interest on the AEM unit. That actually surprises me.

Edited by Blk06Limited (see edit history)

You'd think they would because of IATs.. on the other hand an open element has a larger air source to pull from, even if a bunch of the air is hotter.

no the one that had the higest IAT was the K&N and the lowest was the AEM.

BTW CAI DATA HAS BEEN POSTED ALREADY. . . ..

Was the volant tested with a tube down to the brake duct for ram air or no? Woulda be sweet to have a test with or without it...

It probly would not of made a diffrence since it was on a dyno, no air was being forced in compared to driving in the streets.

sry to bother, few questions :D . on the dyno, did you just do one run per intake, or several? also, how did you operate as to avoid heat soak? and was the hood closed or open for each run? any fans outside the truck?

we ran the intakes twice, the hood was open during all the runs, there was two blowers in the front of the truck at all times

Sorry fellas, I have been away from the internet for the last couple of day. The house I was staying at had internet but I had problems, today I can't seem to upload the info so I will email it to art so that he can post it up.

that seems to answer why the open element intakes did better lol

the headlight was left on too, the blowers were faced in a way that would simulate the air flow if you were driving, just facing the fron tof the truck