Zippy Tuning Gtg, Chicago Area June 20,21,22nd

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kick Ass,can't wait to meet you.

Likewise! :cheers:

The only thing in my way is the flooding around Iowa City / Des Moines / Cedar Falls. Hopefully will be clear by Friday!

Is Zippy still in attendance? I haven't seen him chime in.

Anyway, looking forward to the get-together and meeting everyone!

Anything I should bring besides myself (& the truck of course?) :dunno:

i80 opened at 4 today. free sailing the whole way with the exception of the cops that tend to surround the west side of Iowa City right before the I380 exit. between williamsburg and iowa city. and then again you will see your fair share as you get into the west side of Davenport. between the I80 truck stop and the I88 exit. yes i have traveled this road often and fast. take it easy on these stretches.

see you there!! I cant wait. alot goin on this week with my SS.

hey im goin to clinton IA that weekend... i just bought my truck a month ago and just got on the forums recently but i wanna meet some of the guys in the area. you guys gonna be on the way to clinton? or in the area of clinton? i might wanna stop by and say hey and meet some of you. PM me the addy and i will pug it into my navi and maybe i will stop by on the way home on sunday

http://www.nbc5.com/traffic/16630521/detai...ml?dl=mainclick

High Water Hampers Vehicular, Rail Traffic Over Mississippi

Travel across the Mighty Mississippi continues to be hampered as water submerges the area.

The agencies said The Great River Bridge -- U.S. Rt 34 -- which connects Gulfport to Burlington, Iowa, will remain closed. More than a dozen people sandbagging a levee before it broke near Gulfport had to be rescued by helicopter Tuesday.

The Keokuk Bridge which carries U.S. Rt. 136 across the Mississippi will again be closed overnight Tuesday, from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m., to allow crews to work on raising the elevation of the road with rock and gravel.

In Quincy, the Memorial Bridge remains closed due to high water and all traffic is crossing the Mississippi via the Bayview Bridge, which is temporarily carrying traffic in both directions.

The Misissippi River crossing from Niota, Ill., to Ft. Madison, Iowa, was re-opened Tuesday afternoon. However, IL Rts. 9 and 96 are closed by high water heading east and north from Niota. IL Rt. 96 is open southbound from Niota.

To the north, IDOT and the Iowa Department of Transportation advise that the drivers should cross the Mississippi using the bridges in the Quad Cities area

Illinois Department of Transportation

Division of Highways

Road Closures List

Location 6-17-2008 4:30 p.m.

US-136 is closed from Hamilton, IL to Keokuk, IA from 8 p.m.

06-17-08 to 6 a.m. 06-18-08 due to flooding.

US-34 Closed from Biggsville to Burlington in Henderson County

due to flooding. **Detour up US-67 towards the Quad Cities**

IL-143 Closed at Suppinger Lane due to

a water main break in Highland.

IL-100 Closed in Grafton upstream from the Village and downstream

from IL-3 due to flooding.

IL-96 Closed at Mozier in Northern Calhoun county

due to flooding.

Brussells The Brussels Ferry in Jersey County is closed

Ferry due to high water.

IL-164 is closed between Gladstone and Oquwaka

in Henderson County due to flooding.

IL-3 Truck In Chester between Kaskaskia St. & IL-3 closed due to flooding

Bypass until further notice.

IL-57 South of Quincy in Adams Cnty closed

due to flooding.

US-24 Eastbound Quincy Memorial Bridge will close

in Adams Cnty on 6-15-08 @ 8:00am due to flooding.

IL-54 Louisiana Bridge near Pike in Pike cnty will

close on 6-15-08 @ 8:00am due to flooding.

IL-9/96 From Niota to Dallas City will be closed

in Hancock Cnty due to flooding this afternoon.

IL-92 Closed at Andulisia Rd west of Andulisia in

Rock Island Cnty due to flooding.

Carmen RD Closed to US-34 in Henderson Cnty

due to flooding.

IL-33 From Heathsville to Westport is closed due to flooding.

Business 50 Between Lawerencville and Westport is closed due to flooding.

US-20 The Scenic Tower along US-20 is closed in Jo Daviess

Cnty. The Tower is closed, not the Highway.

MOTORIST ARE ADVISED TO USE EXTREME CAUTION WHEN TRAVELING DURING THESE

PERIODS OF HEAVY RAINFALL. UNDER NO CONDITIONS SHOULD MOTORIST ATTEMPT TO DRIVE

THROUGH FLOODED AREAS AS YOUR VEHICLE COULD BE SWEPT AWAY FROM THESE

FLOOD WATERS ENDANGERING YOURSELF AND OTHERS.

Additional restrictions, closures and ramp closures can be found at:

http://www.dot.il.gov/road/restrlst.rtf

and

http://www.dot.il.gov/road/nopermits.pdf

Governor Adds Counties To Disaster List

Gov. Rod Blagojevich on Tuesday added Knox and Madison counties to a state disaster declaration to help those areas respond to flooding issues along the Mississippi River. A total of 19 Illinois counties have been declared disaster areas since last Wedneday.

Blagojevich’s disaster declaration will allow the state to expedite assistance in anticipation of flooding in Madison County and disruptions to the water supply in Knox County. This was caused by the loss of more than half of Galesburg’s water supply coming from Oquawka, which is on the Mississippi River. The state disaster declaration makes available a wide variety of state resources that can help affected communities respond to and recover from storms or flooding.

The State of Illinois has personnel and assets that can be mobilized to help local government officials with disaster recovery, including such things as sandbags, inmate crews to assist with filling sandbags, boats for evacuations and security patrols, road barricades, pumps, trucks and a variety of heavy equipment.

Amtrak Service Interrupted

Amtrak service is disrupted at Fort Madison and Burlington, Iowa, and south of St. Paul, Minn., due to flooding on the Mississippi River and its tributaries.

Affected are the Amtrak Southwest Chief route between Los Angeles and Chicago, via Kansas City; Amtrak California Zephyr route between the San Francisco Bay and Chicago, via Denver and Omaha; and the Amtrak Empire Builder route between Seattle/Portland and Chicago, via St. Paul.

In addition to closing railroad routes and stations, flooded highways are making the provision of alternate transportation by chartered motorcoach impossible in some cases.

Passengers are urged to call Amtrak at 800-USA-RAIL if they have travel plans on the three routes below, through June 20. Those passengers with telephone contact information in their reservations are being called by Amtrak and offered options including future travel dates.

Passengers are encouraged to call 800-USA-RAIL or visit Amtrak.com for schedule information and train status updates.

Southwest Chief, Trains 3 & 4

Service by the Southwest Chief between Kansas City and Chicago is temporarily suspended due to flooding on the BNSF Railway route in Iowa, effective June 17.

Alternate transportation by chartered motorcoaches will be provided between Kansas City and Chicago, with the exceptions of La Plata, Mo., and Mendota and Naperville, Ill. Passengers ticketed at those stops are being offered travel at other Amtrak stations in Illinois.

California Zephyr, Trains 5 & 6

Service by the California Zephyr between Chicago and Denver is temporarily suspended due to flooding on the BNSF Railway route in Iowa, effective June 13.

Alternate transportation will be provided between Denver and points in Nebraska, including Omaha, by chartered motorcoaches. No alternate transportation is available to or from points in Iowa. Alternate transportation between Chicago and other points in Illinois will be provided by other Amtrak trains.

Empire Buider, Trains 7/27/807 & 8/28/808

Service by the Empire Builder between St. Paul and Chicago is temporarily suspended due to flooding on the Canadian Pacific Railway route in Wisconsin, effective June 10, and the closing of a detour route on the BNSF Railway, effective June 15.

Alternate transportation by chartered motorcoach will be provided between St. Paul and Chicago, with the exceptions of Portage, Columbus and Milwaukee, Wisc., and Glenview, Ill. Passengers ticketed at those stops are being offered travel at other Amtrak stations. Amtrak Hiawatha Service trains are available as alternate transportation to and from Glenview and Milwaukee.

Well as fast4popper said I80 is open all the way and everything around davenport and bettendorf is mostly clear except for close to the river obviously. If you guys come down I80 when you get near or after can't remember the I80 truck stop it goes from 70 to 65 and I advise you do 70 or below. I'm not guaranteeing you will see cops but its better to play it safe rather than sorry. When in bettendorf and davenport don't do more the 5 over if that. They can be pretty sneaky sometimes as I've caught them trying to sneak up on me before but my passport lets me know before they have a chance to get me and for those of you coming to the qc if you have your front windows tinted I advise you to keep them rolled down in the presence of a cop because they are cracking down on that and they will get you especially considering our trucks stick out like a sore thumb. Be safe guys and hopefully it will be nice all weekend. Unfotunatly I have to work friday otherwise I might try to meet up with some of you guys.

Edited by NashSS (see edit history)

So what beverages do you guys who are coming prefer? :cheers:

coke and water. more water than coke. I will be bringing my 2 pop up tents incase we need shade, also will be bringin some chairs for a place to plant your hiney!

I am loading up tonight, the tranny is in the truck and driving, i have to go pick it up today, excited for a new stall and to see how it drives.

hey Brent do you have Belts? meaning my 3.7 pulley might be too small according to Frank and i will say its not gonna fit on a 3.71 pulley. I will buy some and bring with me to have. I havent gotten your your HIDS for the Cobalt yet, hope they show today or before i leave in the morning.

otherwise lets get this done!! I am way way excited!!!!

hey im goin to clinton IA that weekend... i just bought my truck a month ago and just got on the forums recently but i wanna meet some of the guys in the area. you guys gonna be on the way to clinton? or in the area of clinton? i might wanna stop by and say hey and meet some of you. PM me the addy and i will pug it into my navi and maybe i will stop by on the way home on sunday

hey man welcome to the site! and welcome to the never ending mods that will shortly begin on your SS!! there is a fellow SS guy in Clinton, ccc_23 i think is his screen name. real name is Matt. great guy!! he will be comin down to the meet for the zippy tunin event. I can tell you it is close to a town call Peru, thats where i am stayin fri and sat night. come on down for a few hours and meet some good guys that are always willing to help a brother out. Look forward to meetin you this weekend. also i will be in Davenport Thurs and Fri if you wanna stop by and what not? 515-883-0606 is my cell if you wanna call.

Hey Brent, how bout some directions or an address?!?!? :)

So you gonna be in d-port thursday and friday and then drive to allballz saturday? It would be nice to meet some of you fellow ss'ers.

I leave DM tomorrow bout 8 am to Davenport for work thurs and fri. then i plan in leavin friday from work about 2pm to head to Allballz so we can swap my procharger and a bunch of other shit to be done so i can help out on sat with some things... you goin to allballz??

I leave DM tomorrow bout 8 am to Davenport for work thurs and fri. then i plan in leavin friday from work about 2pm to head to Allballz so we can swap my procharger and a bunch of other shit to be done so i can help out on sat with some things... you goin to allballz??

I'm not sure. I might be but i've some other stuff going on here at home so I won't know til this weekend.