Thinking About Exhaust Options

texss

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good thought. Corsa is sure expensive. I've seen a lot of posts on the Magnaflow, what about Flowmaster? is there a big difference. Also is the 2-1/2" inlet restrictice?

The Dual 2 1/2 inlet matches the original muffler. The 3" outlet matches the tailpipe. The original muffler has a dual 2 1/2" outlet "y" pipe into a 3" tailpipe. The muffler is going to give you the most noticeable gains in power not the pipes.

I like many others on here do not care for the Flowmaster in certain applications. I do however have a flowmaster system on my Chevelle and it is LOUD!!

I prefer the Magnaflow or a Gibson muffler for everyday driving. Just the right combo of sound and power without being obnoxiuos.

i believe you can buy them seperatly, not sure how well they'd adapt to the stock exhaust though.

You need to check with Corsa or the Corsa dealer to see if they have a dual 2 1/2" in by Single 3" outlet muffler. If so, then it can be adapted to the original pipes wothout too much problem. If not, see what the closest design they have and call your Installer. Most Muffler shops can fab adapters such as reducers in minutes.

Or you can just buy the Magnaflow #14588.

Good Luck.

Hey Bser did you read the posts on the troubles with melting bumpers ect. with the gibson?  I saw your corsa at the Dallas Tuning Rally, looked great.  any problems with the melting others have had.  Where did you get yours, any deals out there?

I thought it was the B&B that melted the exhaust....... http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.ph...ic=4547&hl=melt

The B&B systems that were melting bumpers were the dual tailpipes straight out the back. Nightshift B&B system's tailpipes are out the side and it looks :cool: If you're looking for inexpensive go with the Magnaflow. Don't have it on the SS but I've got it on a 97 Tahoe and it sounds good and minimal resonance inside the vehicle.

Another thought would be Dynomax, nobody talks about them on here.

I had one on my Avalanche that sounded nice. I almost went that route on the SS.

Might be worth checking into.

WW :smash:

i have mentioned them before including the part number to do the swap, just no one liked the idea.

Hi All,

Haven't had my SS for more than 3 weeks but mine came with a true dual set up. Straight after the Cats It has 2 Glasspack(sp) resonaters and then an equalizer or H pipe, then continues to the rear of the truck where it has 2 magnaflow mufflers exiting the rear with 2 sets of upswept magnaflow tips. Wasn't sure of the look at first but has grown on me and I actually like it. The sound is really mild not intrusive in the cab at all and sounds rumbly when driving. Would like to know of the cost to do this set up... A good few dollars I would think.

Any thoughts on the power gain using true duals as aposed to 2 in 1 out?

Too little back pressure? Your ideas?

:seeya:

ssblackss

Archived