Thinking About Exhaust Options

texss

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

many, but they very by what you're looking for. what kind of tips, are you looking for loud, mild, quiet, dual outlet, single outlet, etc. any brand in mind off hand. personally i like the corsa, because it's built well, looks good and is quiet inside the vehicle, yet still loud outside.

Thanks Zippy, I would like some info on the corsa. I like the idea of quiet on the inside, louder on the outside. what about flowmaster? any experience with them? Also as far as tips are concerned I kind of like the stock look but I'm open to suggestions.

I just ordered a Gibson split rear exhaust and two 22" long 4" tips to cap it off. I'll post a report and pics when I get it installed but it may be a while. It's cold here and I've got no heat in the garage.

If I can put my torque converter on in 30 degree weather, outside, you can do your exhaust mister. :jester:

I just ordered a Gibson split rear exhaust and two 22" long 4" tips to cap it off. I'll post a report and pics when I get it installed but it may be a while. It's cold here and I've got no heat in the garage.

If I can put my torque converter on in 30 degree weather, outside, you can do your exhaust mister. :jester:

:jester: you tell'm ben.

btw, nice picture of the truck now.

I have the Corsa and think it's great. Quiet on the inside Nascar on the outside.

I got to hear several exhausts at the Dallas tuning rally. The flowmasters can be kinda dronning in the cab but some like to hear the exhaust in the cab. they are deeper sounding on the outside not as raspy as the corsa.

Hey Bser did you read the posts on the troubles with melting bumpers ect. with the gibson? I saw your corsa at the Dallas Tuning Rally, looked great. any problems with the melting others have had. Where did you get yours, any deals out there?

Hey Bser did you read the posts on the troubles with melting bumpers ect. with the gibson?  I saw your corsa at the Dallas Tuning Rally, looked great.  any problems with the melting others have had.  Where did you get yours, any deals out there?

I thought it was the B&B that melted the exhaust....... http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.ph...ic=4547&hl=melt

You're right Autoguy. My bad. Still looking the corsa site is way cool. The sample exhaust sounds are awsome.

Texss,

Why not just change the muffler? The Magnaflow 14588 is a Stainless dual 2 1/2" in by 3" out. All you need to have done is have a pipe fit from the muffler to the factory tailpipe. The muffler should cost you about $125.00 and the install should be less than $100.00 at a local muffler shop.

You are not going to get any additional performance by changing the pipes. The original pipes are more than sufficient unless you are radically modified.

Archived