I'm Going To Lose My Truck, Have To Give It Back.

2006_superado

very sorry to hear....i have alot of bills also BUT im 21,single and have no kids. so i only have to feed

me. just remember family comes first!

keep your head up and remember thousands of ppl are going thru your same situation.....times are very bad right now.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just went through the SAME thing back in December, as some guys on here already know. It was tough for me to let it go, but it's for the better. Less stress knowing you don't need to make a huge payment every month. I found it SO much easier to let it go when I parted it out. After all the mods were removed, it was like a stock truck, and I didnt even WANT it anymore. Keep your head up, life is easier without payments in this economy right now. Any questions on this feel free to PM me man, I've been through the exact thing your going through! Just do the same thing I'm doing, driving a beater with no payments, banking money and building my credit, and in a few years, hopefully I'll be back in the driver seat of a bad ass ride!

Sorry to hear that bro.....................Times are rough for a lot of people right now. I've contemplated a few times selling mine to get rid of the payments, but then I look at it like.... I've suffered through this far, and I might as well suffer a little more and pay it off. I know that when it is paid off though, the money that I spent on payments is gonna go straight to the bank. I've got some serious "catching" up to do in the next 10 yrs...........

Hang in there, and like previously stated................there will be other vehicles. Things take time, and people do make turnarounds..................................... :cheers:

I understand your pain. We're digging ourselves out of debt for the SECOND time in our lives. You'd think we'd have learned the first time. Definitely take this as a lesson learned. Credit can be good, but it can also be evil. It really sucks, but you can do this. Get intense with it, it's only temporary. Check out Dave Ramseys site. link

I learned and you will too. everyone has to go through it some point. good luck man and i hope your next truck is just as good looking as this one. hang in there man

Kenny

thanks kenny,

life has it's ups and downs i just happen to be in a down part now... but i know it will get better.

the good part is the learning experience, i know i'll come out a little wiser in the end.

Damn man really sorry to here that your losing the truck, but hey you can always find another truck make sure you and your family get everything they need first these trucks are bad ass and yeah im attached to my truck like you are to yours but your fam comes first man, dont worry tho another truck will find you, usually after things like this you will come back better then ever.......hope for the best for you man good luck :cheers:

thanks erekk,

i thought about kicking my family out to save some cash i figured i could sleep in my truck and it would be problem solved... J/K. of course my fam comes first my kids are my heart, and my wife, has stuck by me and tried to help as much as possible every step of the way so it means a lot. so as long as i got my family i'll be ok, this is just depressing but not the end of the world.

Sorry to hear the news. :( Everybody is hurting with the current state of the economy.....many cut-backs at my office have gone on recently, including my 10-15 hours of OT per week. As a result, now I don't make enough to pay my bills either. :sigh:

i hear'ya on that, once i started losing my credit i should of tried to lower my monthly budget then, but i thought i could have my cake and eat it too... lesson learned.

Hey man wow sorry to hear about what your going through!! i hope everything works out for you dude!! Best of luck!

Yo Dave, sorry to hear about your loss, I know how much your truck meant to you.

Always remember, everything in life happens for a reason, we dont have to like the reason or understand it but we have to accept it and learn from it.

Take care buddy.

Mike

damn man sorry to hear that.. i feel your pain.. back a few years ago i was really struglin and i had my 69 camaro up for sale i cant tell u how many times.. and when some one would show up with cash i just could sell it .. i pissed a few guys off..haha.. but i didnt have a family so i could go with out a few things and it was just me and no one else with out lil things like power... heat food.. altho i did figure out i could heat my house with my grill for alil while.. but everything smelled like hotdogs and just made me hungry..haha..anyways anuf of that...if you where up to date could u still afford the payments? what im getting at is if u sold some of your mods off id bet you could get caught up on the payments.. and be back to square one.. but if you cant make the payment then its probly better to just let her go as bad as that would suck but it wont be so stressfull with out that payment.... good luck man .. remeber is just a hunk of steel at the end of the day.. but i feel your pain i get really attached to cars also

keep your head up and remember thousands of ppl are going thru your same situation.....times are very bad right now.

thanks,

yeah i know the economy is horrible i think they are lieing about it only being a "recession" it is starting to look like the begining of a depression, but then again i'm looking at it from my eyes so i dunno :dunno:

I just went through the SAME thing back in December, as some guys on here already know. It was tough for me to let it go, but it's for the better. Less stress knowing you don't need to make a huge payment every month. I found it SO much easier to let it go when I parted it out. After all the mods were removed, it was like a stock truck, and I didnt even WANT it anymore. Keep your head up, life is easier without payments in this economy right now. Any questions on this feel free to PM me man, I've been through the exact thing your going through! Just do the same thing I'm doing, driving a beater with no payments, banking money and building my credit, and in a few years, hopefully I'll be back in the driver seat of a bad ass ride!

i sold my wheels and tonneau a while ago so i could afford to move, thinking maybe i could start making my payment again but thats not good enough for gm they want all the back payments so thats that. i have an impala i bought last year before things started to get rough so i should be ok as far as a car, but we realy needed two.. it's going to be tough sharing it all the time.. or at least until i can get something i can afford.

Hang in there, and like previously stated................there will be other vehicles. Things take time, and people do make turnarounds..................................... :cheers:

i know i've had so many cars and trucks it would take days for me to talk about them all.. so i'm not worried about getting something else later... it's just i was so attached to this one, it was probably the most i enjoyed any of them, and i had some cool cars growing up. things will start to look better pretty soon i hope once the benifits of the move and other things start to take affect.

:cheers:

sorry to hear the bad news. another truck will come along. take care

thanks, and i will :cheers:

im sorry to hear your losing the truck. i wish there was something we could do ill buy some of your stuff if i can buddy

i'll be posting some stuff in a little while, any help would be appreciated. :cheers:

I understand your pain. We're digging ourselves out of debt for the SECOND time in our lives. You'd think we'd have learned the first time. Definitely take this as a lesson learned. Credit can be good, but it can also be evil. It really sucks, but you can do this. Get intense with it, it's only temporary. Check out Dave Ramseys site. link

you know at one point i was paying anywhere from $1500-$3000 a month on my american express alone my overhead was at about $6000 a month give or take.. now it's about half of that so i should be able to manage soon enough. me and my wife talk about it all the time, how it's so great not to have all those bills anymore and worry about paying everything not to hurt my credit.. but at the same time the world revolves around what your worth on paper, and to be frank i can wipe my ass with mine!.

so as much as it helps to not have such a heavy load is about as much as it hurts to know your so restricted in what you can and cant do.

damn fellow superman fan i'm sorry to hear this but like everyone said family comes first

for sure, it's supermans ideology that makes me such a huge fan. so of course my fam is #1

thanks. :cheers:

Sorry to hear the news! Just remember, there is always a silver lineing in every black cloud! Keep your head up, along with your spirits!

thanks, i've always been an optimist.. but sometimes it's good to plan for the worst as well thats 1 big lesson learned on my part.

thats sux man. i understand you position. ive been there. i hope every thing works out for you and your family.

i appreciate it :cheers:

Yo Dave, sorry to hear about your loss, I know how much your truck meant to you.

Always remember, everything in life happens for a reason, we dont have to like the reason or understand it but we have to accept it and learn from it.

Take care buddy.

Mike

definetley mike,

no matter how bad things get it could always be worst.. and i know for a fact god had his reasons for all the stuff i've been and i'am going through.. so i always try to look for the lessons and look at the bright side. :cheers:

damn man sorry to hear that.. i feel your pain.. back a few years ago i was really struglin and i had my 69 camaro up for sale i cant tell u how many times.. and when some one would show up with cash i just could sell it .. i pissed a few guys off..haha.. but i didnt have a family so i could go with out a few things and it was just me and no one else with out lil things like power... heat food.. altho i did figure out i could heat my house with my grill for alil while.. but everything smelled like hotdogs and just made me hungry..haha..anyways anuf of that...if you where up to date could u still afford the payments? what im getting at is if u sold some of your mods off id bet you could get caught up on the payments.. and be back to square one.. but if you cant make the payment then its probly better to just let her go as bad as that would suck but it wont be so stressfull with out that payment.... good luck man .. remeber is just a hunk of steel at the end of the day.. but i feel your pain i get really attached to cars also

hey rice eater,

i really needed the laugh that was funny! :jester: and i figure on getting about a grand or so out of the stuff i have left so that aint gonna cut it.. but thanks anyway! :cheers: