Raced Tonight

shadowsniper3006

After 3 failed attemps to get to the track this year i finally made it down there. Air was about 54 degrees at the times i made the runs. By the time i got home my IAT's where at 44 degrees. I only made 4 passes although i could have made plenty more, i was too happy where i was at to risk braking her...but it kept getting faster every pass.

I tried leaving the line at a 1100 rpm once then off idle every other time. Truck pulled very good all the way down and i felt lock up hit just before the line when i was at 5500 and it dropped me down to 5000 as i crossed the line in 3rd. When i left off idle i only got full traction once...and what a 60 foot.

but i finally hit my goal! I set this goal around 3 years ago and slowly worked for it with the help of Zippy and Frank and bunch of other guys who answered my questions along the way. i wanted to do 12's with the stock short block and N/A in a AWD SS.

Here are the ET's in ordered

12.906 @ 102.97 with a 1.775 60'

12.907 @102.68 with a 1.633 60'

12.852 @103.11 with a 1.768 60'

12.828 @103.35 with a 1.755 60'

here are the slips for those that want the proof i'm #801

scan0002.jpg

I'm not sure and i hope one of the dodge guys check in, but i think that puts me faster then the quickest NA stock cubed hemi ram. I could be wrong and if i am please correct me! I might even pm hemi ram on 20s so he checks in.

Brad

Edited by shadowsniper3006 (see edit history)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i remember dinner and you tellin me your goal, i thought you were nuts! well maybe not nuts, but a little insane! anyway, HOLY CRAP nice work man!!!

i'm happy to say i went out and got truckin just for the artical on your truck...great work on your ride! and if your in the area again, let me know.

Thanks guys

It's funny I should read this thread. I haven't logged on this site in months. It's really close, but there's been a 12.76 ran in a stock blocked RCSB hemi ram. But no doubt your making much more power, I think his race weight was around 4400-4500lbs. That's a freaking awesome time BTW!!! What's your truck weigh??

awsome! Zippy called me and told me after you called him! Congrats, you have the fastest SSS 60ft! I love being part of going fast, we are constantly finding ways to make big'ol'trucks go real fast!

what is your compression??

did you run on 17's? what kid of tire?

your best launch was with no brake stalling?

whats your cam like???

Just the thought of going 12's N/A...I too had a big smile when I heard, told my wife and brother and they were like..."so" And I was like thats fast, faster than a SC...needless to say they dont get it:)

I love it when guys hit their goals!

thanks a lot guys!

awsome! Zippy called me and told me after you called him! Congrats, you have the fastest SSS 60ft! I love being part of going fast, we are constantly finding ways to make big'ol'trucks go real fast!

what is your compression??

did you run on 17's? what kid of tire?

your best launch was with no brake stalling?

whats your cam like???

Just the thought of going 12's N/A...I too had a big smile when I heard, told my wife and brother and they were like..."so" And I was like thats fast, faster than a SC...needless to say they dont get it:)

I love it when guys hit their goals!

Yeah not alot of people understand what it takes to run a 5300 pound truck low 14s in the quarter let alone 13's and 12's.

I figure my compression is around 10.6, i think. Stock short block, 69cc decked stock castings, .040 head gasket, not sure on DCR

i was running on 20s with a 245/45/20 proxy 4, i think its 28". for the most part they stick great for a narrow tire, they look like pizza cutters on the truck

yep no brake stalling at all. I tried even a little at 1100 and it didn't spin the tires and didn't 60 foot as good.

224,228.610.588 113 if i remember right. its a custom cam i got through Frank, revolution raceworks.

i hope chase checks out this thread, it the same converter he had his best 60 foot with

Edited by shadowsniper3006 (see edit history)