Raced Tonight

shadowsniper3006

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that must be the problem, it's kicking the misfire code so much i always have to reset it to get my lock up back.

Sorry brad i havent been on in a while i got your PM. Congrats on the 12s pass, you have put alot of work into that truck!

The fastest records has been reset as of this past weekend. Same day at different tracks.

For a stock block 2wd N/A RCSB HEMI --> [email protected] with a 1.73 60' (crazeejay)

For a stock block 4wd N/A RCSB HEMI --> [email protected] (dline)

**This was the first N/A 4wd Hemi to break the 13s barrier**

They are both racing again this weekend and im sure with colder weather coming the records will probably be beat again.

I can't see how you get better times with an off idle lauch than stalling it up. 1100 is nothing...you should have been stalling at 3500 or so. My truck will stall to 25-2800 or so and rip off the line like a monster.

I can't see how you get better times with an off idle lauch than stalling it up. 1100 is nothing...you should have been stalling at 3500 or so. My truck will stall to 25-2800 or so and rip off the line like a monster.

Every truck is different especially when aftermarket converters are involved. Flash stalling (LEAVING OFF IDLE) should allow the truck to jump off the line at a higher RPM and more in the HP band than brake stalling to the point of roll-out. Everyone needs to experiment with their own set-up.

The missfire code he's getting can be helped in the tuning. Tuning more is going to fix his problems. I don't think that there is a number specificly to a limit on stall and codes. As for the off idle issue, if you have the right converter and you're tuned in correctly you will get the same time off idle as pre-loaded and sometimes better. This is always the case for a naturally asperated setup. Keep in mind that when he's launching off idle his converter is flash stalling to around 4100.

Not to hijack, but those in the know seem to be in on this one. What seems to be the most stall you can run without having this misfire code problem? Seems like a PITA.

hijack away!

The missfire code he's getting can be helped in the tuning. Tuning more is going to fix his problems. I don't think that there is a number specificly to a limit on stall and codes. As for the off idle issue, if you have the right converter and you're tuned in correctly you will get the same time off idle as pre-loaded and sometimes better. This is always the case for a naturally asperated setup. Keep in mind that when he's launching off idle his converter is flash stalling to around 4100.

I don't think the missfire is at all related to the stall. Something is going on with one of the mods i did causing it to set a mistaken missfire code. Bare in mind zippy only tuned this truck once with this set up and only in my garage on jack stands. I had problems and couldn't make it to him the day he was going to really dig in.

whats the record for a crewcab ram? better compairson.

although the body style is more of a compairson, stock to stock we seem to run better with the reg cab rams.

Sorry brad i havent been on in a while i got your PM. Congrats on the 12s pass, you have put alot of work into that truck!

The fastest records has been reset as of this past weekend. Same day at different tracks.

For a stock block 2wd N/A RCSB HEMI --> [email protected] with a 1.73 60' (crazeejay)

For a stock block 4wd N/A RCSB HEMI --> [email protected] (dline)

**This was the first N/A 4wd Hemi to break the 13s barrier**

They are both racing again this weekend and im sure with colder weather coming the records will probably be beat again.

Thanks for checking in!

Looks like i got a little more to go to catch that ram, you said stock block but is it stock internals? At any rate those guys are doing great, not sure i can get there this year anymore. Next spring i have a couple of more things to try to see if i get there.

Brad

The converter is a bit of the issue not only in the stall speed, but probably in weight. A lightweight converter can cause more of a pulse type idle just like a lightweight flywheel. This can also trip an SES for a missfire. I can tune it out.

Thanks for checking in!

Looks like i got a little more to go to catch that ram, you said stock block but is it stock internals? At any rate those guys are doing great, not sure i can get there this year anymore. Next spring i have a couple of more things to try to see if i get there.

Brad

no problem

stock internals just cam and heads is the only internal motor work done.

Fastest QC right now is at a 13.4 but there are a few that are waiting on cold weather to run.

There are two of them that have a great chance to get a 12.9x pass.

ill be running my truck next month to get a baseline before i install my heads and LTs. Hope to get it into the mid 13s if i can get traction.

Made my first run today on my shift kit and servos and am very impressed. First off I might be mistaken about this truck having any kind of stall as it now pushes through the brakes at around 2200 rpms. Next I decided to test out what you guys were saying about off idle launches and MAN first run I stalled and it just pulled like crazy off the line second run I hit it off idle and it shot everything in the truck into the floor/back seat! I'm for sure going to try both at the track and see what I get...I was already jumping a 14.29/96mph Tundra out of the hole like a monster and barely losing to him...I bet he'll never catch me if I launch off idle!

i raced yesterday when i met a couple of guys down there and the air killled me. Plus the track prep was horrible, the last weekend the truck stuck pretty good. Yesterday i spun the tires into 2nd gear and ended up with a 13.4 on that pass. best run was a 12.97, 60 degrees and bad air is not going to do it....