Murdered a Titan!!

Maximus

My god the guy comes onto this site and says the titan is a decent truck and he gets ripped. I hope I wasn't acting like that when I was on LS1.com. The titan is a good truck, I have one, I also had a 2002 Z28 until it was hit and damaged. Why is he a troll because he doesn't agree with you. Last time I looked Dodge was owned by the germans and the silverado ss is $40 large. I would hope a $40g truck that is wearing an SS badge could beat a regular work truck. Is the titan fast, not really, it's a truck but it does get up and go. I always hear about the hemi and the titan and the tundra but I haven't seen the Lightning mentioned once in this thread. Why is that? By the way I like the SS silverado and sat in one at the car show saturday and it fit like a glove but it just isn't worth the sticker. I guess I am a troll now since I did'nt bash the jap truck. Reading this thread was like reading a bunch of 13 year olds.

I didn't know what I wrote was like a 13 yr old...guess i better go home now. :jester:

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My god the guy comes onto this site and says the titan is a decent truck and he gets ripped. I hope I wasn't acting like that when I was on LS1.com. The titan is a good truck, I have one, I also had a 2002 Z28 until it was hit and damaged. Why is he a troll because he doesn't agree with you. Last time I looked Dodge was owned by the germans and the silverado ss is $40 large. I would hope a $40g truck that is wearing an SS badge could beat a regular work truck. Is the titan fast, not really, it's a truck but it does get up and go. I always hear about the hemi and the titan and the tundra but I haven't seen the Lightning mentioned once in this thread. Why is that? By the way I like the SS silverado and sat in one at the car show saturday and it fit like a glove but it just isn't worth the sticker. I guess I am a troll now since I did'nt bash the jap truck. Reading this thread was like reading a bunch of 13 year olds.

I didn't know what I wrote was like a 13 yr old...guess i better go home now. :jester:

I wasn't referring to you. You were one of the few that didn't just attack the guy. It seemed like one big beat down in that thread.

that's just great....lol.... The titan isn't a "bad" truck I kinda like the way they look but the fact is it's still a Nissan and it's not even comparable to an SS....... It may go fast with some mods...lol.... but the nicest one I've seen had all the badges stripped from it and some 22"in wheels.... But still it's a Nissan....

that's just great....lol.... The titan isn't a "bad" truck I kinda like the way they look but the fact is it's still a Nissan and it's not even comparable to an SS....... It may go fast with some mods...lol.... but the nicest one I've seen had all the badges stripped from it and some 22"in wheels.... But still it's a Nissan....

Here is what I don't get. It's still a Nissan? What is wrong with Nissan? One of the most reliable brand names you can get besides Toyota and Honda.

Nissan doesn't have full size trucks, and the japs don't believe in them over seas. That's why they had the Americans design one and build it. It is 100% american made except that you guys can't get past the Nissan badge.

Maybe I should go put a Ford Badge on our old Nissan Quest. It was built by Ford, but designed by Nissan. So is that against Ford? LOL. Just like how GM needed a high powered V6 they went to Honda and got them to put one in the Saturn Vue.

The Titan is the fastest truck out of the box comparable to the other 1/2 tons not including the sport models. The only one that is close is the HEMI. Besides, like I said, if I knew I could get one for 25-29k a SS I would have!!!! But I kept seeing stickers at 40k+. So I didn't see 40k+ worth in a truck. I would rather have a lighting for that much.

just :chillpill: , what he mean't be it's still a nissan is that he has brand loyalty, just like people say its just a ford or its just a chevy. A lot of people have brand loyalty, if you ever go on the ford or dodge forums they do the same thing, its a nice truck but its still a chevy. Same thing. People just have their preferences and it shouldn't be taken too personally. STOCK LS1 - well i stated in a dakota RT thread a while back the reason you don't see lightning kills is because they are faster than our trucks. There are lightning stories if you scrll through the topics but, the only SSS beating them are running some mods. Also you are not a troll for not bashing the Japanese vehicle, you are being a bit ignorant assuming we are all bashing a Japanese trucks and writing like 13 year olds. There are many members on this board, don't make generalizations. Everyone who comes on here seem to attack the price of the SS. Sure its sticker price is a bit hefty, but honestly who pays sticker? I know even if we get our trucks around 30-35 grand depending on the deal, its still pricey but it's a specialty truck. GM has to have a mark up. This way there is some exculsivity to owning a supersport, unlike how the hemi was marketed. GM was targeting a different crowd, especially as even in their first year of production they didn't produce many at all. You guys seem to take things too personally. Buying cars shouldn't also be strictly about domestic vs. imports either so forget that its not fully made in america stuff. Everyone has different tastes. I personally prefer the look of the tundra over the look of the titan. I just thing the titan's styling along with the Nissan Armada, Infinty QX56 are too bold and chunky, really not a fan of their new styling, but to each is his own.

It is 100% american made except that you guys can't get past the Nissan badge.

Sorry to make this my first post, but here is some information on American made Nissans. Nissan is currently looking for US suppliers to make parts for their AMERICAN ASSEMBLED vehicles. Nissan is being taxed or paying penalties or some kind of additional fees per vehicles by the government because a certain percentage of the parts on these vehicles are not made in the US. I think (not sure) they need to have at least 40% of parts manufactured in the US to avoid these penalties. So yes the Titan is assembled in the US, but the majority of parts are manufactured outside of the US. If you don't understand what I mean by that here is a brief description. All major auto manufactures make very few of their own parts, typically all they do is sheet metal and castings. The rest of the vehicle is outsourced to different suppliers. In the US there or over 1 million suppliers to GM, Ford, and Chrysler, typically these suppliers are referred to Tier 1, Tier 2 or Tier 3 suppliers. These Tier suppliers actually employee more people than GM, Ford, or Chrysler. Your AMERICAN ASSEMBLED Nissan Titan uses very few of these American Suppliers, therefore less Americans have jobs and in addition your Titan is contributing to the economy allot less than you think it is.

How do I know this you ask? I work for a Tier 1 supplier and I am currently sitting at my desk quoting some business for Nissan. Nissan is currently trying to find US suppliers to make them parts so they can have a higher percentage of parts made in the US.

As for sticker price on the SS. I bought mine new off the dealer lot in March of 2004. It was an 2003 model with less than 175 miles on it, never sold. The dealer sold it to me (with supllier discount) at $28,480 and also gave me 3 - $1000 vouchers, so out the door before taxes it was about $25,500. Granted it sat on the dealer lot for over a year (manufactured in early 2003) but it was still new. The point is, take some time finding a truck and look all over and you can get one heck of a deal.

So what does this mean, your Nissan is not American made and does very little to help the US economy.

But to each his own, thats what makes America so great!!!!

This is sounding like a honda forum, bash anything that isn't what you have. This is the first japanese vehicle I have ever owned and now I am a traitor and preventing americans from having jobs? I guess I should have paid more and not gotten the power and towing capability I needed because none of the "Real" trucks were priced the way the titan was with the same power and torque. I got the titan for about $22k and with that got a motor that makes pretty good horspower and the same torque as the SS motor but because it is japanese it must suck. No one wants to talk like adults so we just call people traitors and un-patriotic. I just came onto the site because I like the SS and wanted to see if a rear wheel drive version was announced and get some pricing real world figures but then I see childish remarks about a guy that just had a truck that was different than everyone else's and he gets jumped all over.

This is sounding like a honda forum, bash anything that isn't what you have. This is the first japanese vehicle I have ever owned and now I am a traitor and preventing americans from having jobs? I guess I should have paid more and not gotten the power and towing capability I needed because none of the "Real" trucks were priced the way the titan was with the same power and torque. I got the titan for about $22k and with that got a motor that makes pretty good horspower and the same torque as the SS motor but because it is japanese it must suck. No one wants to talk like adults so we just call people traitors and un-patriotic. I just came onto the site because I like the SS and wanted to see if a rear wheel drive version was announced and get some pricing real world figures  but then I see childish remarks about a guy that just had a truck that was different than everyone else's and he gets jumped all over.

sounds familiar

This is sounding like a honda forum, bash anything that isn't what you have. This is the first japanese vehicle I have ever owned and now I am a traitor and preventing americans from having jobs? I guess I should have paid more and not gotten the power and towing capability I needed because none of the "Real" trucks were priced the way the titan was with the same power and torque. I got the titan for about $22k and with that got a motor that makes pretty good horspower and the same torque as the SS motor but because it is japanese it must suck. No one wants to talk like adults so we just call people traitors and un-patriotic. I just came onto the site because I like the SS and wanted to see if a rear wheel drive version was announced and get some pricing real world figures  but then I see childish remarks about a guy that just had a truck that was different than everyone else's and he gets jumped all over.

sounds familiar

Let it go!!! :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::D

Archived