Murdered a Titan!!

Maximus

The Titan is obviously not slower than the SS. They are pretty much dead even in the #s..

Btw, your last sentence, here is your answer. Maybe you aren't. Others are being resonable.

Isn't that what got the thread started and out of control, the fact the titan is slower??? Oh and i am a very reasonable person, just i have a lot of opinions on things so its impossible we will ever agree on anything. Have fun with your truck and everything. At least its #1 in your eyes, just some others its not. It was just my views and opinions of the truck since i drove one before. I dont like it, maybe your is all nifty and stuff, but from driving the LE 4X4 wasn;t impressed with it at all. And that is the top of the line one I took out with all the gadgets. Like i said i did like the interior

Sorry, I must not be smoking the same stuff you are. But I don't recall ever saying the Titan is slower and thats why the thread got started? LOL.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

here we go again... come on guys... show some maturity... yes, bashing other brands happen.. but if we were being bashed at another site, you know you'd do the same thing and of course back up our trucks.. just let it go and stop feeding the :troll: . just joking.. but seriously.. just :chillpill: before this gets out of hand again... someone lock this up haha

Actually the Titan is a full 100% American truck with all American parts.  It is more American than your Silverado.

That's just silly. I'm not knocking your truck but if it's a Japanese design with a Japanese nameplate, then it's really Japanese as far as I am concerned. If U.S. workers put it together in Mississippi with American parts that's great and I respect that, but it's no more American to me than a Toyota Camry, Honda Accord, Mercedes ML, Or BMW X5, all built in the USA. They're still foreign cars that happen to be assembled here, although with pride by U.S. auto workers. The Silverado may have some foreign content but it's U.S. designed and built and the profits from its sale go to a U.S. company that employs a lot more Americans than Nissan ever will. :smash:

All that being said I'm sure you have a nice truck and hope you enjoy it. It's a quality U.S. made product. I know the auto and 4WD off-road magazines have given the Titan good reviews. My feelings about driving a foreign brand vehicle are personal and I do not wish to impose them on anyone else. :flag:

All the best. :D

Actually, it was designed in California by a American team. The truck is 100% American except the Nissan badge.

The Silverado is US designed just like the Titan as well. Maybe you should read up on the facts before posting again. LOL.

http://www.autointell.com/asian_companies/...an-titan-03.htm

Actually the Titan is a full 100% American truck with all American parts.  It is more American than your Silverado.

That's just silly. I'm not knocking your truck but if it's a Japanese design with a Japanese nameplate, then it's really Japanese as far as I am concerned. If U.S. workers put it together in Mississippi with American parts that's great and I respect that, but it's no more American to me than a Toyota Camry, Honda Accord, Mercedes ML, Or BMW X5, all built in the USA. They're still foreign cars that happen to be assembled here, although with pride by U.S. auto workers. The Silverado may have some foreign content but it's U.S. designed and built and the profits from its sale go to a U.S. company that employs a lot more Americans than Nissan ever will. :smash:

All that being said I'm sure you have a nice truck and hope you enjoy it. It's a quality U.S. made product. I know the auto and 4WD off-road magazines have given the Titan good reviews. My feelings about driving a foreign brand vehicle are personal and I do not wish to impose them on anyone else. :flag:

All the best. :D

ive never met in person, one single person, male of female, who hasnt thought the the titan is THE ugliest truck they have ever seen. it looks like a jetson space craft mixed with a Ford F 150. i dont care how fast that truck is, or could be. it has absolutely no style. and IMO, if your gonna go fast, you have to look good doing it, or your wasting your time. thats my opinion of the titan. not trying to stir up sh!t, we just happen to be talking about titans. i would say this regardless if there where any titan lovers on the forum or not.

always remember though: To each their own.

Actually, it was designed in California by a American team.  The truck is 100% American except the Nissan badge.

The Silverado is US designed just like the Titan as well.  Maybe you should read up on the facts before posting again.  LOL.

Even the article you quote does not say it was 100 percent U.S. designed. It says "primarily." And that's probably just Nissan PR.

Besides, if you think that's splitting hairs, my other points still hold. It's a Japanese nameplate and a Japanese company making Yen off of the sale.

And listen chief, I tried to be civil in my last post saying you have a nice truck.

Don't pop off about me checking the facts. Maybe you should have before rationalizing your purchase of a cleverly disguised, oversized ricer. :mad:

My apologies to other board members. This :troll: just showed some bad manners.

By the way Dan, congrats on your new and elevated status. :thumbs:

Unfortunately "elite SS" always makes me think of German stormtroopers... :sigh:

ive never met in person, one single person, male of female, who hasnt thought the the titan is THE ugliest truck they have ever seen. it looks like a jetson space craft mixed with a Ford F 150. i dont care how fast that truck is, or could be.  it has absolutely no style.  and IMO, if your gonna go fast, you have to look good doing it, or your wasting your time.  thats my opinion of the titan.  not trying to stir up sh!t, we just happen to be talking about titans.  i would say this regardless if there where any titan lovers on the forum or not.

always remember though:  To each their own.

I tried to be nice and open minded with you guys, but its obviously not working.

When I first got my truck, I had compliments every single day where ever I drove and stopped. I still get people asking me about it. So I can't believe people think its ugly. But then again I heard from many other people and previous Chevy owners saying the new Chevy front end is ugly. And IMHO, I don't like it that much either.

So we can go back and forth on this and hash out between both the trucks. Good, glad you think its ugly. But I doubt everyone you know said that.

Btw, I am not a troll since I didn't attack you guys. I came here looking for the owner.

I tried to be nice and open minded with you guys, but its obviously not working. 

When I first got my truck, I had compliments every single day where ever I drove and stopped. I still get people asking me about it.  So I can't believe people think its ugly.  But then again I heard from many other people and previous Chevy owners saying the new Chevy front end is ugly. And IMHO, I don't like it that much either. 

So we can go back and forth on this and hash out between both the trucks.  Good, glad you think its ugly.  But I doubt everyone you know said that.

Btw, I am not a troll since I didn't attack you guys. I came here looking for the owner.

Just let it go...what does it matter...this could go on for a while. The SS may not be the fastest or best looking (in some people's opinion), but you can not deny that the SS is one mean looking truck when you meet one or one comes up on you.

I personally don't like the way the Titan looks, but I do respect the fact that you do. That's cool. I didn't like the new front end on the Chevys at first, but after I saw the SS and paid for it, I really like the front end now :D . A Titan would probably be the same way. To each his own...

My god the guy comes onto this site and says the titan is a decent truck and he gets ripped. I hope I wasn't acting like that when I was on LS1.com. The titan is a good truck, I have one, I also had a 2002 Z28 until it was hit and damaged. Why is he a troll because he doesn't agree with you. Last time I looked Dodge was owned by the germans and the silverado ss is $40 large. I would hope a $40g truck that is wearing an SS badge could beat a regular work truck. Is the titan fast, not really, it's a truck but it does get up and go. I always hear about the hemi and the titan and the tundra but I haven't seen the Lightning mentioned once in this thread. Why is that? By the way I like the SS silverado and sat in one at the car show saturday and it fit like a glove but it just isn't worth the sticker. I guess I am a troll now since I did'nt bash the jap truck. Reading this thread was like reading a bunch of 13 year olds.

Archived