Turbo Or Super Charger?

Its all personal preference but I just like super chargers. I have a 671 weiand blower for my chevelle and I bought a pro charger which does look like a turbo for the SSS. but due to some recent bills I am look to sell the pro charger. So its all what you are looking to do. But in doing all this you need to beef up the transmission. So look around and look at different setups. and go with what you like, good luck
give
Its all personal preference but I just like super chargers. I have a 671 weiand blower for my chevelle and I bought a pro charger which does look like a turbo for the SSS. but due to some recent bills I am look to sell the pro charger. So its all what you are looking to do. But in doing all this you need to beef up the transmission. So look around and look at different setups. and go with what you like, good luck
give me some
give me some info
give me some info on
give me some info on that procharger and how much

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry for hijacking hi post, but while on the topic. Which one will give you beter mpg? I know I cant have the best of both worlds, HP and great MPG, but I dont want to give up too much on the MPG. :cheers:

turbo charger will give u the better gas mileage will a super charger uses power to make power its running even at idle

well with your exhaust delima i would do a s/c but i personally like turbos better imo. but do what you want. work towards a goal and slowly acheve it like some members have suggested.

This post is really confusing.

:withstupid::huh:

blower or turbo, each have its disadvantages and advantages, the choice is up to you which you'd rather have, and what your budget will allow......

Personally, as cool as blowers and turbos sound, I still favor NA power.......

Got him info on the procharger cause as you can see he was interested and no response. :dunno::dunno::confused:

its not that i wasnt responding i am intrested but i need more info on your pro charger like i said before whats the boost and estimated gains and not to be rude because im still learning but it seems like you bought a pro charger and dont know anything about it thats not somthing im going to do, before i make any decisions im working on doing a over haul on my trans

• 4 weeks later...
in your opinion whats better turbo or super?

james im running the sts kit on my truck and the best way is to go to stock manifolds. if u already did ur exhaust including headers cats. etc.. then a super or sts would be the best. i had headers on my truck then i swapped from a maggie to sts and love it a whole lot more. the sound is cool and all the power is right there but its a personal opinion. ull just lose ur muffler if u do the sts kit. but get an amazing sound.

, thats the sound in park, mines a lil diff cause i have an upgraded turbo so when i get my vids up next weel check them out.

As cool as turbos are I think with your personal situation you might want to lean towards the supercharger.

Turbos are more for the advanced well tuned vehicle, driver, and person installing and doing the work on it. As cool as turbos are they do/ can come with a ton of work. I have heard of guys melting everything form windsheild fluid resevors, to plug wires to everything in between. Again I love turbos, but it sounds like you are a beginner, I would stick to plug and play...somethng simple like a maggie (roots).

You might want to research Supercharger a little and compare that to your goals. Do you want a fast off idle truck ( Roots, twin screw) or a fast top end truck (Centri, Turbo) generally speaking with a ton exceptions. :)

Also, you said as fast a possible...realize with fast comes breakage. You might want to visit our trans section and take a look at how many people scortch trans here. Speed is expensive when dealing with a 5500lb truck.