Beat A Lightning!

SSpoiled18

It would take more than an Volant CAI and an Aero exhaust to beat a real Lightning by 2 1/2 car lengths to 65 mph. Lightnings can go 0-60 in the low 5 second range. There are SS trucks that are capable of beating one, but I'm not buying that SSpoiled18 beat one like he says he did. I'd be happy to give him a shot at a real one if he wants to really see how he stacks up.

I agree with showtime...hard to believe unless the dude just didnt know how to drive that beast...i love the lightnings..I would have gotten one had i not had a baby on the way...

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's possible he beat it but he said the guy "peeled" so that means he could have really lit up the tires and lost a lot of time. The driver is the most important mod most people don't think about. L's are close to 2 seconds faster than most stock SS so a L driver really has to screw up to lose a race. I give Ford a :thumbs: for putting a blower on a vehicle.

i wish u lived on the other coast cause id eat your ford for dinner i love beating lightnings and they look at me like what the hell

I'll take that challenge. I'd like to see how fast mine really is...I hate when the old lady smokes our SS in our lightning. It would be interesting, thats for sure.

Like ive said before im a chevy fan all the way hints why im on the forum and i drive a SSS. I like lightning also not something i would go out and buy but they are cool. I wish chevy would have put boost on the SS from the factory they would be crazy fast. But one thing i really like about my SS is that its boosted and AWD not much can touch it frim a dig. just last year i took a viper truck for about 5 trucks it wasnt even a race. but the next night i got my a$$ hand to me by a modded 03 cobra. My point is that we all shouldnt get mad over little things like who truck is faster. cause no matter what there is always something faster.

It would take more than an Volant CAI and an Aero exhaust to beat a real Lightning by 2 1/2 car lengths to 65 mph. Lightnings can go 0-60 in the low 5 second range. There are SS trucks that are capable of beating one, but I'm not buying that SSpoiled18 beat one like he says he did. I'd be happy to give him a shot at a real one if he wants to really see how he stacks up.

:withstupid:

VERY lucky if he beat on with those mods... either he got a good jump or the lighting driver is a retard. No offense buddy, just more common for sc/sss or highly modded to win by that much.

Good race though ! stay safe :flag:

Like ive said before im a chevy fan all the way hints why im on the forum and i drive a SSS. I like lightning also not something i would go out and buy but they are cool. I wish chevy would have put boost on the SS from the factory they would be crazy fast. But one thing i really like about my SS is that its boosted and AWD not much can touch it frim a dig. just last year i took a viper truck for about 5 trucks it wasnt even a race. but the next night i got my a$$ hand to me by a modded 03 cobra. My point is that we all shouldnt get mad over little things like who truck is faster. cause no matter what there is always something faster.

I also wish Chevy would have stepped up to the plate and built a bad ass SS with a supercharger instead of letting Joe Gibbs build a few. I would have been first in line for that truck for sure. But Ford did make a truck like that with all the other components to handle a supercharger and 450 ft lbs of torque and once I test drove it I was hooked; something about hearing that supercharger whine. I like the SS and think it's a great looking truck and sometimes I really wish I had four wheeled drive.

im deff gonna have to agree. theres no way with the weight of our trucks and the amount of hp we have vs a lightning. that truck not only comes factory supercharged, it also can come manual and the weight with that supercharger in a 0-65 run ud have to have some serious power in that truck to win a race that quick.

:crackup::crackup::crackup:
When i raced the lightning the weather condition outside was slick it was lightly raining and when we both took off he peeled out really bad he was all over the place. The AWD seemed that it really helped me out lets not forgot that the lightning is more powerful but I beat him cleary like i said with the eather conditions. It was defiantly a real lightning 100% positive.
:crackup::crackup::crackup:
When i raced the lightning the weather condition outside was slick it was lightly raining and when we both took off he peeled out really bad he was all over the place. The AWD seemed that it really helped me out lets not forgot that the lightning is more powerful but I beat him cleary like i said with the eather conditions. It was defiantly a real lightning 100% positive.

it's possible he beat it but he said the guy "peeled" so that means he could have really lit up the tires and lost a lot of time. The driver is the most important mod most people don't think about. L's are close to 2 seconds faster than most stock SS so a L driver really has to screw up to lose a race. I give Ford a :thumbs: for putting a blower on a vehicle.
i would say more like 1 second they run 14 flat to high 13s the ss runs 15s all day long