i got my new 24"s

ss1

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wheels look good, but are a little extreme.

Use wheel wax from Tire Rack to protect those rims from corrosion with all of those crevices and dimples.

Rick R

Just curious - why put SS emblems on it? What does that do for it? IMO, it doesn't make sense. Everybody wants to call everything a SS. I wonder how many F-150 owners put Lightning on the side?

I'm obviously biased, but I think it detracts from the appearance. The people who would appreciate your truck the most, like some of us, would probably say "hey, nice ride" and then follow it with "yeah, right". At least that's what I would think. You don't have to know a lot about trucks to know there was never a SS Av and the people that would appreciate your truck the most, certainly know. You're not alone, people do it all the time. Just never really understood it - it does nothing for you, and in this case, IMO, takes away from the work you have done.

Just curious - why put SS emblems on it? What does that do for it? IMO, it doesn't make sense. Everybody wants to call everything a SS. I wonder how many F-150 owners put Lightning on the side?

I'm obviously biased, but I think it detracts from the appearance. The people who would appreciate your truck the most, like some of us, would probably say "hey, nice ride" and then follow it with "yeah, right". At least that's what I would think. You don't have to know a lot about trucks to know there was never a SS Av and the people that would appreciate your truck the most, certainly know. You're not alone, people do it all the time. Just never really understood it - it does nothing for you, and in this case, IMO, takes away from the work you have done.

:withstupid:

Ben,

There are a ton of guys running around with Lightning badges on regular F-150's and even on Expi's.

I don't understand it either, a lot of them really have very nice rides (SS1) included and they go and through a badge from another vehicle on it. Why do they do it? Idon't know, but the way I look at it is, it's theirs to do what they want with, and if they like it then that is what matters the most.

Do I like it when a guy that has a poser Lightning goes out and gets smoked by a guy in an SS and I have to read how a stock SS killed a Lightning? Hell No, but it happens and life goes on. We know the difference. lol :cheers:

Bill-03-SD

Just curious - why put SS emblems on it?  What does that do for it?  IMO, it doesn't make sense.  Everybody wants to call everything a SS.  I wonder how many F-150 owners put Lightning on the side?

I'm obviously biased, but I think it detracts from the appearance.  The people who would appreciate your truck the most, like some of us, would probably say "hey, nice ride" and then follow it with "yeah, right".  At least that's what I would think.  You don't have to know a lot about trucks to know there was never a SS Av and the people that would appreciate your truck the most, certainly know.  You're not alone, people do it all the time.  Just never really understood it - it does nothing for you, and in this case, IMO, takes away from the work you have done.

:withstupid:

SS-6.0 HO AWD

Slamed/black av still kick ass, but no SS

I agree, I have though about removing my SS when I add another S. I mean when I get the radix I might drop them off to give my true SS a more sleeper feel.

It is like the new SS FWD impala, it is nice but no 96 SS RWD LT1!

You have a sharp turck SS1, this is small copmpaired to the quality of your truck, you are no SS, but I bet if you wanted one you could have had it.

Say you want an SS that Chevy doesn't make like a regular cab SS or avalanche SS, so is it wrong to put SS badges on a regular cab or debadged avalanche? It's possible that a stock regular cab is faster than a 345 hp 6.0L extended cab SS.

I think you're missing the point.

Just the way you say it is wrong. If I want a SS that Chevy doesn't make, then I don't get a SS - just ask Zippy. Just because you call it, or badge it a SS does not make it one. Those only come from the factory. You can do whatever you want with it, still doesn't matter. What difference does it make which is faster? If my truck was able to beat a Z06, should I now go and get Z06 badges and put on it? By your logic, maybe.

So look at it this way. If a F-150 owner did what Bill said in a earlier posts, would you laugh at him because he "felt" it should be called a Lightning. I'm guessing most would. I for damn sure would. I'm sure your impression wouldn't be, "cool, his truck must be faster than a real Lightning."

ss1 - don't get me wrong, I love what you have done with your Av. The SS style body kit looks great - as it does on any Silverado/Av. Wheels look great. Brake kit looks great. All cost a lot of money. But to me, it the $25 stickers on the side that is making it look like your work was worthless effort. That's just my opinion. Ultimately, it's what makes you happy. I lost a lot of respect for the vehicle after the whole facade.

easy guys, heres why i did it there are 15 million avalanches around

so i wanted mine to have that extra question about it when some one looks at it

i cant tell you how many people ask me when chevy made a ss av i even had

a silverado ss owner ask me :D so i did it because i wanted to and thats

why my truck is MY truck :cheers:

thanks guys for all the good coments :D:D

i will be putting a supercharger on next :thumbs:

the brakes are baer if anyone cares :cool:

i saw a guy with a black Z71 tahoe - he added the SS badge after the tahoe badge on the doors. looked :puke: ...he was some old guy. he game the thmbs up as i cruised by. i just shook my head :rolleyes: ...i like the looks of the avy but i tend to agree with ben.

although your avy is much better than some SS conversions that i have seen. as soon as i remeber i will snap a shot of one of the local NBA players avy's. yellow with 22's and the ugliest SS stickers i have ever seen. he has them where the 4x4 or Z71 sticker goes.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived