Chicago Area Gtg,zippy & Fast4popper Doing Some Work!

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will Zippy still be there on Sunday? I have my son's B-Day party Sat. morning. I wouldn't make it until about 6pm if I came down Sat. All I need is a tune.

Yes, Zippy will still be around for a while on Sunday. Since he doesn't have to work on Monday like he usually has to do we can stick around as long as we want :cheers:

Well, is the head job done yet?

Zippy tuned my motor last night. I think I actually got the tires to break loose and chirp at me by the time I got near home last night.

Chris, the high beam conversion works great! Thanks alot.

This was my firts GTG. Anyone who hasn't gone to one of these gatherings, I would recommend it. It's a good group of guys that will make you feel welcome. Everyone gets along and mingles with everybody. You don't feel like an outsider.

great time guys!!! I will post pics this coming week of some of the things we did! Doug it was great to meet you, man did they put you to work or what? wrenching away, fixing cieling fans! you are DOUG of all trades!!!

I want more details in cliff note form. what heads?? you guys worked Zippy too hard! Did you leave any of hime left for Lindsey :) :)

Zippy put a set of PRC stage 1 LS6 heads on micheal's(GMCtrk) gmc sierra,with a little help from the rest of us.

Edited by allballz57 (see edit history)

I want more details in cliff note form. what heads?? you guys worked Zippy too hard! Did you leave any of hime left for Lindsey :):)

#1 Put heads on GMC with Escalade motor.

#2 Headliner in Nick's truck.

#3 installed high beam conversion harness in a few trucks.

#4 a couple HID kits

#4 I believe at least one remote start

#5 One ceiling fan repair/rewire.

#6 a couple PCM tunes

#7 Watched Johnny Knoxville artificially inseminate a cow.

I'm sure a few other things got done. This was just in the course of a day.

What time in the morning did the head job finish up?

#1 Put heads on GMC with Escalade motor.

#2 Headliner in Nick's truck.

#3 installed high beam conversion harness in a few trucks.

#4 a couple HID kits

#4 I believe at least one remote start

#5 One ceiling fan repair/rewire.

#6 a couple PCM tunes

#7 Watched Johnny Knoxville artificially inseminate a cow.

I'm sure a few other things got done. This was just in the course of a day.

What time in the morning did the head job finish up?

MORNING?? i think Rich and i were the only ones kicking Sunday morning. I did the neighbors remote starter outside in the 22 degree HEATWAVE sunday a.m. while the rest of the clan slept. :) cant blame them, they were up kinda late for sure.

the one thing that Doug didnt know about, was the festivities at the Silver Slipper Saloon the night before. so

#8, stuffed a FEW bucks for some flesh in the face type rewards!

Well, I'd just like to start out by thanking everyone again.....especially Brent for allowing my truck to sit and be worked on in his garage and Zippy for doing great work . Zippy is a true professional and I don't feel like I could have had anyone better working on my car anywhere. Also thanks to the miscellaneous other people who helped (can't remember names!).

The truck drove home beautifully and just flat out goes on the highway with the slightest throttle input, and goes up any hill effortlessly. Also, my gas mileage went back to what it should be thankfully. I always hand calculate my gas mileage so I have a good idea of what it gets. The tuned stock 6.0 and 3.42s would get over 23 on the highway. However, on the way here with 4.10s I only got 14 mpg. I think that exhaust leak at the head was wreaking havoc on my 02 sensor. On the way home I got 20mpg, even with a couple bursts up past 100. I'm very happy with that.

Hopefully we can do this again sometime.

Michael