Chicago Area Gtg,zippy & Fast4popper Doing Some Work!

first meet that i have been do an these guys welcome you like they new you for years.. I had the funnest weekend that i had in awhile minus adam forgetting his id, haha.. ne ways want to thank chris again on the beautiful headliner that he didd.. and i want to thanx zippy for tuning my truck drives alot better in town then it use to and i used less gas going home then going there. thanx 2 brent for having this meet and just showing us hospitality, hopefully we can have another one when it warms up some..

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all the kind words guys. It was fun for me also. As usual there was more work than time, but it was fun either way. Thanks to my wife for dealing with all that so well. After not seeing her for a month and a half I come up to Michigan just to go down there and spend time working in the other room away from her. As for #8, I didn't get to go to the strip club, but I had a stripper in my room. :cheers::P:D . It was fun and hopefully next time we do it it will be warmer. This crap of under 70º is ridiculous. lol

For those who came, hope I didn't ignore anyone. Got my ass kicked by that truck. That was the longest cylinder head install I've done in years. I'm glad your truck is that much better Stallbomb. It didn't take much to fix the issue's in that pcm, it was in rough shape. Merc Dr., I'm very sorry it took so long to get your truck tuned that day. I'm hoping the results were worth the wait. Rock, I hope the GXP is getting better. The 2 bar is going to be alot better in there. Some drag radials and a Rossler trans are what is needed to make that car fun. :jester:

Thanks for all the kind words guys. It was fun for me also. As usual there was more work than time, but it was fun either way. Thanks to my wife for dealing with all that so well. After not seeing her for a month and a half I come up to Michigan just to go down there and spend time working in the other room away from her. As for #8, I didn't get to go to the strip club, but I had a stripper in my room. :cheers::P:D . It was fun and hopefully next time we do it it will be warmer. This crap of under 70º is rediculous. lol

For those who came, hope I didn't ignore anyone. Got my ass kicked by that truck. That was the longest cylinder head install I've done in years. I'm glad your truck is that much better Stallbomb. It didn't take much to fix the issue's in that pcm, it was in rough shape. Merc Dr., I'm very sorry it took so long to get your truck tuned that day. I'm hoping the results were worth the wait. Rock, I hope the GXP is getting better. The 2 bar is going to be alot better in there. Some drag radials and a Rossler trans are what is needed to make that car fun. :jester:

you had way more work lined up than i did and you handled yourself well being pulled in all different directions. i know how you must have felt at times. i get there too and get really pissy when people keep asking different things. I wish there was more i could have done to help you with the Headswap but i didnt wanna do things you didnt want done. then again i didnt build my motor either :jester: !! (i am such an ass aint i?)

listen to you MR spoiled boy with the 70 degree heat stuck in your head! it was good to see you again. one of these days we just need to shoot this sh!t and relax while we are there!

No worries Zippy. It was probably a good thing it took so long. It gave me a chance to get to know everyone better and see how things work on these GTG's. It also helps with putting names to faces. The longer I was there the better the names stuck in my head. I know at the beginning I mixed up Chris and Rich a couple times(sorry guys).

I already started looking at SLP's website for the head/cam/intake package ($2450). Now I gotta figure how to sneak that past the wife.

No worries Zippy. It was probably a good thing it took so long. It gave me a chance to get to know everyone better and see how things work on these GTG's. It also helps with putting names to faces. The longer I was there the better the names stuck in my head. I know at the beginning I mixed up Chris and Rich a couple times(sorry guys).

I already started looking at SLP's website for the head/cam/intake package ($2450). Now I gotta figure how to sneak that past the wife.

me N rich? next time remind me to kick you in the NUTS! FUGGER! i can see how you did that, the big bellies do resemble each other. just remember Chris Farley is me, Chris!

me N rich? next time remind me to kick you in the NUTS! FUGGER! i can see how you did that, the big bellies do resemble each other. just remember Chris Farley is me, Chris!

I'm horrible with names to begin with. When I get a fast walk through and names are rattled off, forget about it. The best thing for me was there was 3 people named Mike.

You should do the L92 heads....it would be easier than it would have been on mine considering you've already got the electric tb and returnless fuel system. It gives you more potential than the cathedral heads. Texas speed has stage ported L92s for like $1200 which is pretty good.

Michael

I'm horrible with names to begin with. When I get a fast walk through and names are rattled off, forget about it. The best thing for me was there was 3 people named Mike.

you and me both man, I am TERRIBLE with names! Poor Lindsey was being called the wrong name by Rich all weekend, i caught it, and i caught her chuckling bout it. shoot now i cant even remember what he was calling her by. Gotta love a good woman with a great sense of humor!

He was calling me "Liz", I hate that name :rolleyes:

yup thats it. i caught it. i told him bout it on the way home. he feels bad! i also caught you cringing when he said goodbye. he meant well. anyway, good to see you there too!

Oh, I may have hated the name but I didn't care that he forgot my name. It was more funny than anything :P

for sure! i understand, Brent was calling Nick, Mick in the beginning. its all good. too many people al at once!

a wise man once said, it's easier to get forgiveness, than permission..just buy 'em..lol sounds like i missed out on a good time, hopefully i get to the next one!! :chevy: