What Is The Fastest Production Truck Ever Made?

houston05tx

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wouldnt swear to it but i think the 2004 dodge srt-10 single cab 6 speed was. like i said, wouldnt swear to it. then theres also the concept 2009 silverado ss with a 427 but i dont think were gonna see that lol

It used to be the GMC Syclone and Typhoone. Not shure if the lightning was faster or not, it

should have been since it had a V8. But then again it is a Ford.lol. I think now it would be the

Ram srt10.

The Syclone, when new, was capable of accelerating from 0-60 mph in 4.6 seconds and could do a quarter-mile run in 13.4 seconds at 98 mph (158 km/h).

Never hurts to look at the record books...

Guinness says the sRT10 set it in 2004...1yr after the lightning set it. The lightning set the record in 99 when first released and then broke its own top speed record in July of 2003. Then came the SRT10. I believe the syclone held the title until 99 when the lightning topped it. Now, as for acceleration? The SRT10 still probably reigns that one. Stock L's are high 13's at best depending on year, track locale, etc. SRT10's can muster low 13's high 12's. The syclones were low 13's and the typhoons high 13's for quarter mile runs. Acceleration is hard to declare a victor because of the so many variables that come into play and you always ahve the elusive lurking forum junkie swearing to god he saw a stock "factory freak" run XX.XX at such and such track, so the arguement will live on forever.

http://trucks.about.com/cs/2004dodgetrucks...aughn_srt10.htm

Guinness has a very clearly defined way to measure top speed.

In 08 I test drove an 05 SRT10 Ram and the salesman's pitch was "its the fastest production truck ever made," and he clearly saw my SSS parked next to the SRT-10. He made it very clear the ram was the guiness world record holder, then again he's a car salesmen....

Fastest is the SRT-10 as posted. Quickest to 60 was the Syclone, but other than that it is all SRT-10. They were the higest top speed, quickest quarter mile time, and highest quarter mile trap speed. The Joe Gibbs Silverado had potential, but never delivered as it should have. If you count the El Camino they went well for their day.

It will however be interesting if Toyota takes their accessories and just makes them a factory option. This is all from Toyota: TRD

Fastest is the SRT-10 as posted. Quickest to 60 was the Syclone, but other than that it is all SRT-10. They were the higest top speed, quickest quarter mile time, and highest quarter mile trap speed. The Joe Gibbs Silverado had potential, but never delivered as it should have. If you count the El Camino they went well for their day.

It will however be interesting if Toyota takes their accessories and just makes them a factory option. This is all from Toyota: TRD

Check Guinness

http://viewer.zmags.com/showmag.php?mid=swrts#/page2/

Right in the middle. Holden Maloo.