What Is The Fastest Production Truck Ever Made?

houston05tx

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never hurts to look at the record books...

Guinness says the sRT10 set it in 2004...1yr after the lightning set it. The lightning set the record in 99 when first released and then broke its own top speed record in July of 2003. Then came the SRT10. I believe the syclone held the title until 99 when the lightning topped it. Now, as for acceleration? The SRT10 still probably reigns that one. Stock L's are high 13's at best depending on year, track locale, etc. SRT10's can muster low 13's high 12's. The syclones were low 13's and the typhoons high 13's for quarter mile runs. Acceleration is hard to declare a victor because of the so many variables that come into play and you always ahve the elusive lurking forum junkie swearing to god he saw a stock "factory freak" run XX.XX at such and such track, so the arguement will live on forever.

http://trucks.about.com/cs/2004dodgetrucks...aughn_srt10.htm

Guinness has a very clearly defined way to measure top speed.

I haven't heard the term "factory freak" in a long time. I had a buddy that used that all the time.

Zippy brought up a good point. An SS 454 El Camino, if somebody can find recorded times, must have been right up there. They suffered from something the high powered 2 WD Silverado SS guys understand though... lack of traction. :chevy:

You asked for the fastest truck ? well, I'll give it to you... feast your eyes on this bad boy.

Godzilla.jpg

You asked for the fastest truck ? well, I'll give it to you... feast your eyes on this bad boy.

Godzilla.jpg

lol that is great

I haven't heard the term "factory freak" in a long time. I had a buddy that used that all the time.

Zippy brought up a good point. An SS 454 El Camino, if somebody can find recorded times, must have been right up there. They suffered from something the high powered 2 WD Silverado SS guys understand though... lack of traction. :chevy:

My dad had a '73 El Camino SS 454 that he had built from the dealer (back then you could do that). He had them put on the 396 heads (more compression) with a 3 angle valve job, headers and strait pipes and all emissions removed. It wasn't as fast as you'd think. Top speed was a little over 140 and it would only run around 13.8 @ 96 in the 1/4. He said his '69 Z28 with dual 4bbls and similar mods would hang with it. He gave the Z to his little brother when he bought the SS and he said either one he drove always won in a drag race but by about the same difference each time so he guessed they were within a 10th. I'm not even sure if they put the LS6 454 in the '70 El Camino or not but it wouldn't be much faster than my dads for sure.

My Silver 04 SRT-10 is the worlds fastest production street truck period, lol. It was recently booted off of the Guinness Book by the Ausie Sport-Ute(A.K.A. El Camino) but it really isn't a truck at all so I still consider the SRT-10 to be the "fastest production truck".

IMO, fastest means "Top Speed" where quickest means "1/4 and/or 0 - 60".

Here is a pic of mine:

SRT10D.jpg