Chase's 427 Lsx Twin Turbo Build

04CHASE

i made a new 1.5 od tube crossmember and welded it in on the frame.

ill need to gusset it up when i do the coil overs but after some calculations im going to need between 275-325 lbs springs.

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every consider a mechanical pump. A lot of high power guys run them. I just got the Magnaflow Outlaw 1000 for my fuel injected setup----they supposedly have very little pressure fluctuation at idle and are a quality product.

tru trac .

should help track better and not have a one tire fire.

i was researching running e85 , there isnt a big enough fuel pump out there for street use to run e85 . id be out of fuel @ 850-900 rwhp with the biggest 4303 magnafuel. i may be able to run it with a boost a pump and make about 1100 but im not far from there now. looks like i may have to stay with gas for now . the closest e85 station is 30 minutes and its reported 3.00 a gallon .

all i use is magnafuel filters and regulators and am considering two of the 4303 pumps for the next setup .

i have a huge update ill try and get at tonight but its mostly done less the 4 link , the brackets for that will be here shortly so i can get to fabbing that up . i drove the ss with the new brakes and suspension setup along with a bunch of interior mods . i should have tons of pics tonight but i have to pick up my new wheels from powdercoating and get them mounted on the radials .

trying to get a new quick ratio 12-1 steering box to make this thing handle even better. i doubt there is another truck that handles like this thing does after what i recently did and when im done i want to challange a z06 through the turns i have alot of faith in the truck at this point .

Are you serious? I think you could make some good money charging people $5 per ride in your truck. Hell i'd pay way more for one!

I dont know of another truck that holds a chance against you in an over all competition.

I feel bad for everyone else.

I wanna see this on the street.

all i use is magnafuel filters and regulators and am considering two of the 4303 pumps for the next setup .

i have a huge update ill try and get at tonight but its mostly done less the 4 link , the brackets for that will be here shortly so i can get to fabbing that up . i drove the ss with the new brakes and suspension setup along with a bunch of interior mods . i should have tons of pics tonight but i have to pick up my new wheels from powdercoating and get them mounted on the radials .

trying to get a new quick ratio 12-1 steering box to make this thing handle even better. i doubt there is another truck that handles like this thing does after what i recently did and when im done i want to challange a z06 through the turns i have alot of faith in the truck at this point .

Dope, sounds like a drift setup on the steering...

I dont know of another truck that holds a chance against you in an over all competition.

I feel bad for everyone else.

Chase hasn't done the driver mod yet, his current setup could suck... Hahahaahahaha!!! Jfwy Chase...

-Rob

yeah , getting pics is hard when its parked in the garage. plan to take it out tomorrow for some pics and using it to pick up the new wheels at the powdercoater.

also finished the led swap but i have a lil touch i plan to add tomorrow that no one has done yet. the interior got a big makeover as did the suspension . stay tuned

• 3 weeks later...

hate to do this but i gotta bring this up. wasnt it you that said to me how long will mine last. What caused your motor to need totally rebuilt and spit a gasket when you have thick deck heads, 6 bolt heads with 1/2 main studs?

your a good asset to the truck world but sometimes krama is a bitch. i beat the balls off my truck for past 1k miles and make huge power for cheap parts on low boost. You and zippy both had your words to speak....i seen how yours is hurt and is in need of a full rebuild were mine is stil ltogether getting beat when driven.

seriously thou how does 6 bolt heads that have the 1/2" upgrade done push a gasket out when i run TTY bolts and never push a drop of coolant

hate to do this but i gotta bring this up. wasnt it you that said to me how long will mine last. What caused your motor to need totally rebuilt and spit a gasket when you have thick deck heads, 6 bolt heads with 1/2 main studs?

your a good asset to the truck world but sometimes krama is a bitch. i beat the balls off my truck for past 1k miles and make huge power for cheap parts on low boost. You and zippy both had your words to speak....i seen how yours is hurt and is in need of a full rebuild were mine is stil ltogether getting beat when driven.

seriously thou how does 6 bolt heads that have the 1/2" upgrade done push a gasket out when i run TTY bolts and never push a drop of coolant

Don't forget to add that you make more power per pound of boost than F1 teams did in the heyday of turbos using Jungle Juice.

still unsure why i lost the headgaskets , it could have been a big boost spike which is doubtful , the twin walrbos could have been on there way out and not have been enough but i have done multiple pulls an the afr has been spot on . so im doing a few things there and going with a lot more fuel .

the reason i tore the entire motor down was from the previous yank failure when it balloned , it pushed the crankshaft into the block resulting in a worn thrust bearing . so lucky i did do this other wise i would have been spending another 4500 on new crank and block. it wasnt a big deal just doing it right.

you can continue to use your stock parts and have unreal results on the dyno , until you put down some big numbers at the track and set some records im not impressed. anyone can make a spectacular dyno number .

ill continue to use quality parts so if i do have a failure i dont loose my entire motor and rather a gasket . but at these power levels it only takes a millisecond to have a failure and it happens reguardless of who and what you know. you as anyone should know this .

ill be back and bigger by the end of the summer.