Chase's 427 Lsx Twin Turbo Build

04CHASE

hate to do this but i gotta bring this up. wasnt it you that said to me how long will mine last. What caused your motor to need totally rebuilt and spit a gasket when you have thick deck heads, 6 bolt heads with 1/2 main studs?

your a good asset to the truck world but sometimes krama is a bitch. i beat the balls off my truck for past 1k miles and make huge power for cheap parts on low boost. You and zippy both had your words to speak....i seen how yours is hurt and is in need of a full rebuild were mine is stil ltogether getting beat when driven.

seriously thou how does 6 bolt heads that have the 1/2" upgrade done push a gasket out when i run TTY bolts and never push a drop of coolant

still unsure why i lost the headgaskets , it could have been a big boost spike which is doubtful , the twin walrbos could have been on there way out and not have been enough but i have done multiple pulls an the afr has been spot on . so im doing a few things there and going with a lot more fuel .

the reason i tore the entire motor down was from the previous yank failure when it balloned , it pushed the crankshaft into the block resulting in a worn thrust bearing . so lucky i did do this other wise i would have been spending another 4500 on new crank and block. it wasnt a big deal just doing it right.

you can continue to use your stock parts and have unreal results on the dyno , until you put down some big numbers at the track and set some records im not impressed. anyone can make a spectacular dyno number .

ill continue to use quality parts so if i do have a failure i dont loose my entire motor and rather a gasket . but at these power levels it only takes a millisecond to have a failure and it happens reguardless of who and what you know. you as anyone should know this .

ill be back and bigger by the end of the summer.

:lurk:

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hate to do this but i gotta bring this up. wasnt it you that said to me how long will mine last. What caused your motor to need totally rebuilt and spit a gasket when you have thick deck heads, 6 bolt heads with 1/2 main studs?

your a good asset to the truck world but sometimes krama is a bitch. i beat the balls off my truck for past 1k miles and make huge power for cheap parts on low boost. You and zippy both had your words to speak....i seen how yours is hurt and is in need of a full rebuild were mine is stil ltogether getting beat when driven.

seriously thou how does 6 bolt heads that have the 1/2" upgrade done push a gasket out when i run TTY bolts and never push a drop of coolant

you can continue to use your stock parts and have unreal results on the dyno , until you put down some big numbers at the track and set some records im not impressed. anyone can make a spectacular dyno number .

ill continue to use quality parts so if i do have a failure i dont loose my entire motor and rather a gasket . but at these power levels it only takes a millisecond to have a failure and it happens reguardless of who and what you know. you as anyone should know this .

ill be back and bigger by the end of the summer.

*sits watts for replies*...

-Rob

its funny you say that . I know a few evo/subi guys and when they first started telling me how fast their cars were i spoke of the word gt-35 and they all drop jaw. Then you tell them 2x and they run lol.

not me 2.65 crawford block with gt45 r on my old sti 10.9@133 with a baby 1.98 60 foot time on pump 91 gas and meth.

• 3 weeks later...

its all good guys let him respond thats what forums are for , learning!! Until i see some track numbers put up or shut up imfo.

That's right. He hasn't beat your time with a regular cab 2wd. Come cooler weather we need to get you back out by me again. Firebird is a reasonable altitude and it gets cold enough here to run the number. It would be nice to get it on the dyno this next time around though, but not for some flashy number. Tuning that much power on the street is just plain a pain in the ass. lol

That's right. He hasn't beat your time with a regular cab 2wd. Come cooler weather we need to get you back out by me again. Firebird is a reasonable altitude and it gets cold enough here to run the number. It would be nice to get it on the dyno this next time around though, but not for some flashy number. Tuning that much power on the street is just plain a pain in the ass. lol

Are you in Idaho or Arizona? I know Idaho's race track is Firebird. Is there a Firebird Raceway in Arizona too?

• 2 weeks later...

didnt break anythign just lost a hardgasket. , i took it a step fruther and inspected some bottom end bearing and wasnt happy with how they looked so im replacing alot of stuff with bigger and better parts .

it will be together soon enough i just have no time to work on it nor the urge as its been over 95 for the past month .

• 4 months later...