Chase's 427 Lsx Twin Turbo Build

04CHASE

not real soon , dyno is just for numbers now. i do plan to get a circle d converter before i go so i can lock up wot and determine where to lock up in 3rd .

im planning a trip to az to run at firebird with radials/limit straps and cal tracs dialed and see what happens.

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

should add some stregnth as well as help the truck go straight.

2011-01-26102657.jpg

DSC03585.jpg

plan to install softer waste gate springs and a manual controller this weekend

stuff i want to do and will attempt to dl myself this summer with money/time willing

4 link

Turbo upgrade(custom specs)

cage-trying to design something 100% legal yet still practical

converter upgrade (wot lockable-circle-D)

fuel cell / big pump e85 conversion

possibly a re gear to help keep it from going into 4th and helping launch.

and after all that hope my bottom end will hold. lol should be nor of 1500 hp - and a 9' second 1/4 mile

i also plan to hit the scale later next week to get a real weight on it with me in it.

tru trac .

should help track better and not have a one tire fire.

i was researching running e85 , there isnt a big enough fuel pump out there for street use to run e85 . id be out of fuel @ 850-900 rwhp with the biggest 4303 magnafuel. i may be able to run it with a boost a pump and make about 1100 but im not far from there now. looks like i may have to stay with gas for now . the closest e85 station is 30 minutes and its reported 3.00 a gallon .

i have some ideas about having a hoop over the front seats and have the two rear bars go over the rear seats and behind them into the rear of the truck into the frame. dont know what kind of angle i have to have though .

one more idea is to have a hoop over the rear and front seats and have the same bars coming out the back glass as the single cabs. then i will have to loose the tonnoeu cover and have a custom one made from aluminum or carbon fiber that allows the bars to go through it.

still need to sit down with a local guy i found to figure it out . thats going to wait a bit as its pretty expensive and will happen the end of summer so i can get ready for winter racing the end of the year. i want to enjoy the truck this summer going to meets and shows and just crusing down PCH

tru trac .

should help track better and not have a one tire fire.

i was researching running e85 , there isnt a big enough fuel pump out there for street use to run e85 . id be out of fuel @ 850-900 rwhp with the biggest 4303 magnafuel. i may be able to run it with a boost a pump and make about 1100 but im not far from there now. looks like i may have to stay with gas for now . the closest e85 station is 30 minutes and its reported 3.00 a gallon .

you could add a standalone tank and spray what ever extra you need through the intake, kind of what im doing to avoid doing a dual intank and swapping to a return style system.

it wont be as accurate like that . i was thinking of a way to add a nice meth system ( with a standalone and 2 fuel injectors) but it would require a cheap megasquirt controller , fuel pump , regulator etc.

right now its looking like i will run it a couple times in the next couple months , a gear change will likely happen in the next week or two.

this summer , i will go bigger

4 link w fuel cell - deceiding on fuel components. a -10 or -12 feed will be used, im thinking of a big fuel pump but they need a huge return , depending on reliability i may run two of the magnafuel's or 4 walbros . the walbros will be easy , and i can run them on hobbs switches.

ill make it right around stock size 25 gallons with baffles .

also a turbo upgrade to get me 1500 fwhp. those are tbd .

ill have to purchase the e85 in drums but it seems like an awesome way to go.

a single t4 is enoug for a stockish motor . t6 is pretty big flange and usually can support over 800 rwhp once you step to a large frame.

not much is going to change with turbos just a billet compressor wheel . these are the newest thing in turbo town. they can take say my 600 hp turbos and make them 800 hp turbos.

compwheels.jpg

this is a titanium compresspr, a billet and a cast wheel . ill be going with the middle version.

• 4 weeks later...

ok chase, ill come pick my truck up now, I appreciate the work you put in......Ill buy you that beer, you earned it! So are you going to wash it before i head over to get it? Just wanting to know if i need to bring my wash stuff? :D