Chase's 427 Lsx Twin Turbo Build

04CHASE

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow man this thing is really coming together! Looks really great too! The cool thing is now that I drive a turbo car I actually know what all the stuff mentioned in this thread is, unlike before when I would have been clueless. So I saw you are looking to do a turbo upgrade, does that include selling the turbos that are on there now? I think a 35r is too big to run on my car with stock internals but if your looking to sell then I will look into it. I plan to upgrade my turbo anyways..........

its funny you say that . I know a few evo/subi guys and when they first started telling me how fast their cars were i spoke of the word gt-35 and they all drop jaw. Then you tell them 2x and they run lol.

i do plan to upgarde them soon . just want to see where i get maxing out the compressor on these. i should be able to make about 1200 with these on this motor according to louis @ gss speed who i have been working on maxing this setup. he says i will be out of compressor before turbine by far . the upgrade will include sending my current gt-35r's out to have a billet compressor wheel upgrade done. his are more expensive than others but the wheel isnt the same as say a garret billet or pte billet and should make a bit more power and love high pressure(20+ psi) .This will be a bolt in upgrade not changing a thing. I should see a 100-125 hp flywheel gain from each turbo. so about 1400 @ the crank should be feasable . will my fuel system support that ?doubt it need to go -10/-12 feed with the baddest magnafuel pump . may have to do a cell at that time along with building a roll cage ( i have a great idea that is legal , doesent go through the bed or glass and keeps the interior 100% useable. which to me has to happen or its deal breaker.

After that he has a t4 upgrade that i beleive is a whole new turbo but will support near 1000 fwhp each . at that time ill need to build all new how side. I will also have to pull the motor and go through it to make it support that kind of power . aluminum rods , baddest crank money can buy etc. That wont be for a long time as everything will need to be changed and it will cost alot. so maxing this setup first .

... louis @ gss speed...

Funny you mention Louis - his shop is literally 1-mile from my home, I had the opportunity to meet him just 2-weeks ago and we hit it off really well, he's a very humble guy *unlike his dad* which really struck well with me. I was going to leverage his TIG talent and have him weld-up a mount for a Mondo valve... At first impression he seems a genuinely good guy.

its funny you say that . I know a few evo/subi guys and when they first started telling me how fast their cars were i spoke of the word gt-35 and they all drop jaw. Then you tell them 2x and they run lol.

i do plan to upgarde them soon . just want to see where i get maxing out the compressor on these. i should be able to make about 1200 with these on this motor according to louis @ gss speed who i have been working on maxing this setup. he says i will be out of compressor before turbine by far . the upgrade will include sending my current gt-35r's out to have a billet compressor wheel upgrade done. his are more expensive than others but the wheel isnt the same as say a garret billet or pte billet and should make a bit more power and love high pressure(20+ psi) .This will be a bolt in upgrade not changing a thing. I should see a 100-125 hp flywheel gain from each turbo. so about 1400 @ the crank should be feasable . will my fuel system support that ?doubt it need to go -10/-12 feed with the baddest magnafuel pump . may have to do a cell at that time along with building a roll cage ( i have a great idea that is legal , doesent go through the bed or glass and keeps the interior 100% useable. which to me has to happen or its deal breaker.

After that he has a t4 upgrade that i beleive is a whole new turbo but will support near 1000 fwhp each . at that time ill need to build all new how side. I will also have to pull the motor and go through it to make it support that kind of power . aluminum rods , baddest crank money can buy etc. That wont be for a long time as everything will need to be changed and it will cost alot. so maxing this setup first .

Well a 35R on a little 4 cylinder engine is an absolute monster. I would have to have all forged internals, bigger injectors, and a front mount intercooler to even consider running that. Not to mention maybe some trans/clutch upgrades. I would love to have a turbo that size but it would take a lot of work first! I think i am just gonna skip the internal and trans mods for now and do injectors, front mount and a Blouch 20G turbo

• 1 month later...

ok i have been pouring in countless hours and dollars into it still

getting it ready for truckin throwdown ,

2011-04-22204248.jpg

2011-04-21163027.jpg

2011-04-21163923.jpg

2011-04-21163852.jpg

going with 4 d-shaft loops this is one on the rear u joint they will all be bolt in and easily removable without taking out the d-shaft as i weld lock nuts to the loop the front loop for the rear axle im still pondering what to do for a cross member , thinking some 1.25 tube will do nicely , the front is a bit more tricky as its fixed so i can have the cleanace between the loop and shaft much tighter(using 2.5-3.0 id tube for a 2.0 od shaft)

ive got the 4 link design in my head , just getting it to paper to figure out angles is all that is left. this is all being done by myself in my garage solo this time.

i have alot more that isnt posted as far as appearance / suspension and interior is concerned but time will tell for all of this.

is it just the picture or are your Baer brakes orange?

:ph34r::ninja:

lots more changes coming , see the shopman bowtie . gm orange .

wait until you see it with a good camera , i just want to make a full thread of everything im changing to document for future reference and some parts i may put into production.

Lookin good Chase. Let me know if you need any help on the 4-link. I have a few ideas on one too but I don't need it lol. What kind of parts you thinkin on for production? We might be able to work something out. I have a few that i'm about to start producing of my own.

well not trying to spill the beans too much yet but it will a almost bolt in model like the kp components but it will be fully adjustable.

im going to set it up outside the frame , im going to fabricate a ne w hanger that will have a bracket on it to bolt the trailering arms too. this should be as strong as i need to it be with proper gusseting. the only thing i dont like is you still wont be able to fit a much larger rear tire. the part that limits that is the leafs/ and the inner fender well. so im not too worried as i have as wide as a tire as i need. The other mount on the axle will also be fully adjustable but not sure if i will be able to make it a bolt on as the lower u bolt perch is easily removed but the leaf spring mount isnt . so i may try to make something that will use that for clocking axle and maintaing proper pinion angle(although that will be determined by trailering arm legnth) . im going to be useing the nicest teflon lined heims and not poly bushings , i know they may be a bit more expensive but stregtnh and rigidity is what im after.

im ordering my qa1 springs next to get the coilovers complete . just having trouble finding a spring for 2100 lbs.

im also deceiding if i want to panhard or watts . i like the watts as it keep the rear centered better but is limited on travlel and takes alot of real estate. more than likly i will be running a panhard that is on top of the axle and mounted to the frame to keep it as flat as possible to reduce side to side movement.

ill be setting it up with over 100% anti-squat to keep the rear end from dropping on a launch and maintaining the weight on the front end to avoid front wheel spin as it is my weak point .

i also dont think the market is huge for this as the work involved isnt too bad but proper setup and clearancing everything takes alot more little work than you would think .

i just love the fact i can say it is built by me and know it was done 100% correct