Chase's 427 Lsx Twin Turbo Build

04CHASE

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so first off love the build and hope you can break your own record, also i really like your signature. seeing your 3500 is starting to make me like lifted trucks(i dont see the point of lifting it )

second i know i shouldn't ask this because it is rude. but what do you do for a living to afford basicly a whole new engine get a new truck and have an awesome home stereo system

in the car modification aspect of life you are like a model for me.your so nice and knowledgeable and your drag truck isnt just for drag its stills street legal.

have you ever done cars or are you just primarily a truck guy ?

(p.s. didnt you have your truck running the other day i thought i red somewhere you did)

Edited by koopatroopa (see edit history)

i work 60-70 hrs a week for verizon as a field diesel tech . kind of sucks with projects like this as i dont have time to finish them and it takes forever to get anything done , its been at a friends shop while the engine was getting re built , so he offered to install it since the motor took so long so i accepted . now it is running but its got a nice leak coming from the rear cover so the trans is coming out next week to find it .

i have had cars in the past and like them i just wanted something unique , the big truck is my errand vehicle which gets driven hardly ever sine most of the time when i go out its in the ladies car that i have kept stock except for a recent tune and filters . i had an 02 ss camaro that was a mid 12's car and traded for the big truck so i can haul stuff around for all my other projects.

i drive an 08 f-550 about 700-1k miles a week for work , its nice not having to wear out your own vehicle everyday so i save alot of money in fuel costs right there . even though its a ford its not to bad . i think this is what keeps me motivated and lets me stay interested in my personal vehicles as im not in them everyday .

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

ok an update , had a bad cam sensor and some bad wiring , o2 is good and cam sensor is good now im having a small issue with the a/c belt falling off but ill get it figured out

i got my 18" boyd's back from powdercoat and polish and ill be mounting them on the ol 305/45/18 mt et street tomorrow (still need to finish grinding my calipers to clear them

i did some changes , swapped my 11.7 lb springs in my wastegates for some 7.5 ish lb and from what i have seen 10-11 psi max where i was @ 15-17 psi so im happy with that. i also turned the methanol up with bigger nozzles. so now tuning and tuning and tuning

im planning for test n tune soon but seems as if the local tracks have closed due to noise complaints and low funds

• 1 month later...

yeah , spent the majority of the day tuning yesterday on low boost and its still got it . i absolutely raped a new 5.0 and a heavily modded s2000 from a roll. tried a brake stall to see what would happen and logs show 200 kpa and the bfg kdw's dont hook as good as i had hoped.

ill be competeing at the truckin throwdown this friday and see how it stacks up . many photo's and vids this weekend

yeah , spent the majority of the day tuning yesterday on low boost and its still got it . i absolutely raped a new 5.0 and a heavily modded s2000 from a roll. tried a brake stall to see what would happen and logs show 200 kpa and the bfg kdw's dont hook as good as i had hoped.

ill be competeing at the truckin throwdown this friday and see how it stacks up . many photo's and vids this weekend

sounds awesome!!!