Nitrous Vs. Iat Question

ok I added the nitrous to the maggie to help with my IAt's and give me a little more power. I noticed this weekend while testing I never saw the IAT's go down like I expected them to..I made one log w/o spraying and one spraying and the IAt's were the same....My question is...Does it take the IAT sensor too long to recognize the change? because when its hot it pulls timing and i dont want that...

Any ideas how to fix this? Justin G. mentioned Omega makes a filament replacement that responds quicker..has any one done this?

I think your right; they just don't react fast enough. I sprayed a 75 shot on top of the meth a couple of times and I didn't really notice a drop in the IAT's either. On the other hand, I didn't see the sharp rise in IAT's, it seemed to hold more consistent. I imagine I could get better cooling effect if I would add water to the meth, but I like the extra fueling, not to mention higher octane with the nitrous. One of these day's I'll go to the track and spray it to find out how much it really helps the ET's. :cheers:

mine responds pretty quick when i turn my e-fans on for my radix heatexchanger.......drops 18 to 20 degress in less than a second........maybe your sensor took a crap :confused::dunno:

I doubt it..the ambient temp versus the IAT's always coincides...I think its just slow.

DUH feeling so STUPID - The IAT sensor is embedded in the MAF sensor assembly; you need to relocate the IAT sensor into the intake manifold. What you are reading is underhood temps entering the MAF sensor.

Mr. P.

Kinda wondering where your IAT sensor is located vs. where the no2 nozzle is? I always like to have it in one of the back intake runners. It's the warmest part of the manifold and it's the most accurate spot for reading intake air temps.

DUH feeling so STUPID - The IAT sensor is embedded in the MAF sensor assembly; you need to relocate the IAT sensor into the intake manifold. What you are reading is underhood temps entering the MAF sensor.

Mr. P.

doesnt magnacharger relocate the air temp sensor? Every kit i saw the sensor was reloacted to the manifold, you had to cut the wires from the maf and connect it to the new sensor

Yes the magna charger does relocate it to the manifold. So no worries Steve..no duh moment..lol

That's common with the Magnacharger. It's not an issue with how slow the IAT reads. If that were the case it would still eventually go down. The problem is that the Radix is so much of a mass of metal that it would take a pretty large shot to actually cool it down. The only thing nitrous really will do for you is help you run a quarter mile in less time. Less time wide open will create less heat. Check around PT.net and you'll find that the nitrous on the Radix does little to nothing for the IAT's.