Heads/cam 5.3l Swap Into The S-10

sprayed99

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How good will these heads do with some port/polish work vs. getting new ones for the 5.3? Looking to run N/A and get low 13s with my truck.

5.3 heads respond very well to porting/polishing; send a PM if you want more info.

Mr. P. :)

Okay guys some progress. You can run the truck oil pan but you have to cut a lot of the s-10 cross member out which I hate cutting things. I picked up a H3 pan kit, but the pick up tube is on back order and has been for months. So I had to cut/weld the truck tube.

002-12.jpg

004-9.jpg

Now the H3 pan is installed and finished assembling the long block.

008-6.jpg

014-2.jpg

heres a sideways video (ashleys great video skills :banghead: ) of us oiling the engine to insure it is primed.

http://s93.photobucket.com/albums/l59/spra...rrent=007-7.flv

I have ordered all the fuel system today and the engine mounts. I have to order the exhaust parts tonight and I found a new corsa sport im trying to pick up cheap.....can you say the first corsa s-10 :)

heres a sideways video (ashleys great video skills :banghead: ) of us oiling the engine to insure it is primed.

http://s93.photobucket.com/albums/l59/spra...rrent=007-7.flv

Tell Ashely "Way to go dufus" for me. :)

.....can you say the first corsa s-10 :)

Uh.... First Corsa S-10?

Nice work Dan. What gives---no flicking off the camera pic?

Let me know when the swap is going down. I will head over and help break something.

P.S. Steve, either call me or PM me the info you have on PnP'd 862 heads...

he is look at his other hand behind the one holding the welder!! NINJA FINGER :ninja:

Yeah, I saw that and didn't know if that was just his typical sissy limp-wrist way he holds things in his hand or if he was trying to make a lame attempt at flicking off the camera...

Guys I got some more parts in today... Im working on it tonight. I will have new pics tomorrow of

exhaust

fuel system

Harness

waiting on fans, ac fittings and hose, and parts for my harness (efans) and 5 wire MAf, muffler, and thats bout it