Denali pickup

whmayhew

Has anyone taken the time to look at the Denali pickup? I looked at one today with a window sticker of 42000. It seems like alot more truck than we have. The inside is alot fancier, it had the composite back body, quadsteer and the same motor that we have at 325 hp. Everything on it seemed to be better including the stainless steel grill, where ours have plastic. The only extra option was the XM radio, everything else was standard. If my wife did not want the Escalade EXT next year I would be thinking of swapping the SS. :crazy:

the ss is a bit lower and has a bit more power with more of a sport base to it. the denali pickup is heavier with the quadrasteer and just not quite as sporty, but is certainly more of the business man type truck.

I think it all depends on what you are looking for. For 2005 The Sierra Denali becomes a crew cab with the same LQ9 motor as the SS instead of the LQ4 it has now. If you're in need of 4 real doors and more of a gentleman hauler it maybe what you're looking for.

the ss is a bit lower and has a bit more power with more of a sport base to it. the denali pickup is heavier with the quadrasteer and just not quite as sporty, but is certainly more of the business man type truck.

Zippy,

What I was trying to say is that the Denali seems to have alot more on it than the SS for very little more money. I think that Chevy could have done better for the price that we paid.

Well I looked at both the Silverado SS and the Sierra Denali.

Both are very nice trucks, and after weighing all of the options I picked the Denali.

I had a 02 Tahoe Z71, loved it, but I wanted another pickup. It had to be able to tow atleast 7000 pounds or more and since I was going to use it to tow the quadrasteer sounded like a cool option. The Sierra Denali has a tow rating much higher than that of the SS, that was a big part in my decision. Second, I always liked the Yukon Denali so the Sierra Denali seemed like a perfect choice for me to make.

All in all I think it is a great truck, and I am very happy with what I chose.

The Denali is a bit heavier, mine with what I have added weighs in at 5960.

At a Sticker of 42 that is a great price, they lowered it for 04, my 03 Sticker was $45,370.00 and worth it in my opinion. :cheers:

Bill-03-SD

I def think that GM could have offered alot more with the price they put on our trucks!!!

that'd also be part of the reason people aren't paying sticker price for them.

IMO, GMC has always had better creature comforts on the inside.

My 01 Sierra is much nicer on the inside than my SS, it has more practical use of the interior space/storage areas. just my .02

A friend of mine has one (black extended cab), and I like the details they added. But to be honest the suspension and power of the SS make it a more enjoyable truck. With just a few hundred bucks one could easily bring the interior up to the same level as the Denali. Carbon fiber bezels would look better then the Denali's simulated grey wood. A homelink overhead console. And a leather Passenger grabrail (I wonder if you can get one in the right color from GM?). The only real drag is the SS has the cheapo visors that aren't lit. Do that and the interior is just as nice. Although the quadrasteer is unbelievable (the thing parks like a Mini Cooper) the bulging wheel wells would killl the lines of the SS, which to me is the best part. Also those trucker lights SUCK, and I don't like running boards, and I prefer the Chevys agressive front end. IMHO. Even my friend likes the look of the SS better.

What I was trying to say was that GMC must have spent much more money making the Denali and it only costs $1000 more. The quadsteer is not cheap, it has adjustable ride height and evidently the interior parts cost more. The running gear is the same as the SS. I think that Chevy could have made our SS's better. ;)

When I bought my C3 I knew the Sierra Denali would be released in a couple of months. I bought the C3 because I didn't want the roof lights and the side bulges/marker lights on the bed. The q-steer does make it more manueverable then my C3 though. The q-steer comes with a heavier rear axle and a composite bed, but those are the only differences between the two.

496091_5_full.jpg

Archived