Home Audio / Video Thread

04CHASE

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, here are the pics! I didn't take them head on because of the flash.

Panasonic 58" Plasma

Denon 3808CI AVR

PS3

Panamax M5300-PM

Direct TV HD box

(2) Definitive Technology 7002 Bi-Polar super towers (12" powered sub in each tower)

(1) Definitive Technology 2300 C/L/R center channel (8" powered sub)

You can see that grey cord sitting on top of the cabinet. That is for my iPods. I had originally purchased a Denon iPod dock, but did some reading about it and decided to take it back. The only advantages to having the dock is it can be controlled with the 3808 remote and everything can be shown on the plasma. It's supposed to display album art as well. I don't really care for all that. I'd rather just keep it simple enough for my wife to use. With the cord, all I have to do is plug it into the headphone jack of any iPod, play a playlist, and walk away. To me, it's just easier to set up a playlist I like to hear and let it go. One more downfall to the dock was I couldn't use my first generation Nano. The dock only supported certain iPods which I thought was weak! I just place the cord behind the cabinet when not in use.

371040751.jpg

What can I say, we love Rockband 2!

371040729.jpg

Here are the in ceiling surround speakers.

(4) Speakercraft AIM8 2's

371040766.jpg

Just to give you an idea of what this room is like, it's about 30' X 25' with ceilings starting at about 8' and a peak of about 12' (vaulted.) The pic I took of the 7.0 system is from behind a very large "U" shaped couch spanning the length of the in ceiling speakers with carpet. Behind the couch is the dining area w/tile and to the rear left is the kitchen area with a large island that can seat about six where they can sit, eat, and watch.

I didn't go with a dedicated sub as of yet because of the three powered subs that I already have. I may go with one or two later on.

nice setup alex. i really like those towers. id like to use them and may im just thinking if i go with all wall mounts and hide my receiver/dvd/hd box in the closet using r/f remote it may look to plain , like a blank plain .

well the summit into this thread has begun. just had my 46" samsung series 8 led tv delivered. its in and running and the picture is outstanding and better then my 42 pionner plasma ( 1080i ) so this samsung does put out a better picture. the colors are more vibrant . the only thing im seeing that i am not used to or didnt have the issue with the plasma is on hd inputs when its somewhat a still picture and then the camera moves , there is a slight blur to everything until it goes to a still shot if that makes any sense. not bad by any means but i think its something that shows more in lcd's than plasma's.

i sold my pioneer to a friend and only had to pay minimal money for the new tv so it was a no brainer for me

next is th 151fd pionner 60 inch kuro plasma :eek:

also anyone have any input on marantz( sp) receivers? some like them over denon ?

quinnster, ill be sending you some pm's on setting up my new house. id like to do something like you have where its in a closet with a window( last pics)

Edited by 04CHASE (see edit history)

well the summit into this thread has begun. just had my 46" samsung series 8 led tv delivered. its in and running and the picture is outstanding and better then my 42 pionner plasma ( 1080i ) so this samsung does put out a better picture. the colors are more vibrant . the only thing im seeing that i am not used to or didnt have the issue with the plasma is on hd inputs when its somewhat a still picture and then the camera moves , there is a slight blur to everything until it goes to a still shot if that makes any sense. not bad by any means but i think its something that shows more in lcd's than plasma's.

i sold my pioneer to a friend and only had to pay minimal money for the new tv so it was a no brainer for me

next is th 151fd pionner 60 inch kuro plasma :eek:

also anyone have any input on marantz( sp) receivers? some like them over denon ?

quinnster, ill be sending you some pm's on setting up my new house. id like to do something like you have where its in a closet with a window( last pics)

OK, cool I look forward to hearing from you, sorry i missed your im today. and I will always suggest the denon as a receiver. You will know after you own one, and program one why.

alex can you get deals on the towers you have ? possibly the center as well?

if so pm me and let me know

waiting for the 151fd to be delivered with the pdrub chief full swing wall mount . this should be fun.

if so pm me and let me know

waiting for the 151fd to be delivered with the pdrub chief full swing wall mount . this should be fun.

that mount is a freakin beast, i think it weighs at least 60 LBS!

Edited by Quinnster (see edit history)

I got the towers for $1K each and the center was somewhere around $600.00. I don't think I got a deal, but these towers sound bad @$$ so I'm more than happy with what I paid. I've read that some people have got them for around $800.00-$900.00. I also read some have bought off ebay.

• 2 weeks later...

If you go to the definitive technology's website, they could put a complete package together for you.

About the wire, one thing I've read is if the wire installed is not a certain wire, if there is a fire, the insurance company will not honor your claim. I had magnolia wire everything up for me so it's on them.