Home Audio / Video Thread

04CHASE

i dont need anything crazy this is just for my bed room 7.1 setup . i have a whole other room that is 7.2 with all the goodies. however all the a/v stuff in that room is visible . i just need something like what you mentioned . its r/f and then is i/r near the components , do you have a link to where i can get the kit for that? i also read some reviews on the 900 (harmony)series and they the r/f is really laggy . i dont want that i need it to be snappy . what other options are out there?

The options are endless. Google RF universal remote and have your pick, lol. I have never had an issue with the Harmony personally.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are looking at using the factory remotes and have a spare CAT-5 running to your TV my favorite choice is to have a Niles IR repeater system. Only reason I say Niles over other brands is because we have never had one fail!! Only disadvantage to this setup is you will have a small IR sensor attached to the front of your TV unless it has an IR out on the back of it which a lot of pioneers do have!

Niles IR repeater kit

Good Luck!

And personally I would stay clear of logitech remotes, they are slow, and are meant for the average consumer to program which doesn't allow you to make the program perfect. We have used "Universal Remote Control" and "Philips pronto" for great budget remotes, but you have to be a tad bit of a computer savvy guy to figure it out, but well worth it in the end if you design a fool proof remote

Edited by Quinnster (see edit history)

this isnt for my pioneer its for my 46 samsung led tv. i just need it to be pretty cheap and work good i could care less on brand like i said i dont need anything more than what i have . thats all it will be used for.

this isnt for my pioneer its for my 46 samsung led tv. i just need it to be pretty cheap and work good i could care less on brand like i said i dont need anything more than what i have . thats all it will be used for.

How do you like that LED backlit Samsung? Im thinking of getting the 55 inch model. Im kinda curious how the 4ms response time works out with gameing and so forth.

Edited by Badkarma (see edit history)

Super Super Informative for the TV illiterate (that's me)...

About how the technologies work... (LCD and LED)

I just bought the 46" Model with the LED RGB Dynamic... (trying to catch plasma contrast and blacks...)

Edited by page305 (see edit history)