StS turbo gettting closer

There's no reason to race a Radix SS against an STS SS, we all know who'd win. :jester: just kidding guys.

I'm sure the Radix would leave the turbo sitting through first gear, by second it would be close, and who knows in the end.

Maybe at the meet we can get the guys to line them up.

watch out for slim's truck, his hauls ass!!

later,

allen

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Berserker,

I am going to try the GT67 when my truck comes back from the body repair shop. I have spoken to some other guys using the GT35 on the STS set up and have been told that the GT67 will produce more power than the GT35. The GT67 does have however the T-04 exhaust housing not a GT exhaust housing(thankyou Brent). I have been in touch with F8L Z71 and he just told me that he is upgrading from the GT35 to the GT67 as he is putting a 6.0 in his Z71 (The tunnel video floating around)... :crazy:

I think I will be happy with the Upgrade to a GT series and it will be giving me more than enough power to keep me smiling you said upto 750 HP Sweet :P

:thumbs:

ssblackss

The turbo can support that much, but I wouldn't count on your lower ends doing the same.

I am looking into going with a GT-70 sts turbo. I wanted 15lbs of boost and it was the one recommended for my setup. Takes more air for mine to build boost. Very hard to find a supercharger that can create that much boost for a reasonable amount of money.

I also have setup my local speed shop with being a dealer now, so I am getting much better pricing than you guys have mentioned. Plus, I believe I'm getting even deeper pricing for setting that up. So, if the Radix sells, I'll be there towing the line. We'll see if it happens, that it can happen before the KS rally.

The turbo can support that much, but I wouldn't count on your lower ends doing the same.

Absolutely. But we can get there :smash:

I also have setup my local speed shop with being a dealer now, so I am getting much better pricing than you guys have mentioned. Plus, I believe I'm getting even deeper pricing for setting that up.

You are. I did something similar and am quite happy with the deal.

Not to change the thread too much, but Berserker, that is a slick sig you got there.

Just noticing.

GT40 baby. Install in 18 hours and counting.

Thanks Brent. Its very new (like 10am this morning kind of new).

I can't wait to hear how your install goes. :thumbs::smash::thumbs:

Not me! I have the towing package on my SS so the nipple that the oil line uses to cool the turbo itself is taken by the tranny cooler. That means Joe will be the one tapping a new nipple and threading it into the aluminum engine block. TOO SCARY Sh!7 for me to handle on my own. I could see me wasting a perfectly good engine block by that mistake!!!

Other than that, if I did not have a tow package, I would install it myself in a heart beat!!!!

--------------------

Hello, my name is Erik and I am a horsepower addict...

I am on a twelve step program.

Step 1:  Install an STS Tubro kit

Step 2:  Install a Yank TT2600 (or a 3000) & Transgo kit with warpdrive survos

Step 3:  Install a Hotchkis sway bar kit

... oh geesh this isn't working as intended at all!

Hey Berserker, :jester: In your signature, it says in your 12 step plan, step 1, install a Tubro. Just what is a tubro? Inquiring minds want to know. :jester:

Inquiring minds want to know
That's my story and I am sticking to it!!

You guys are having too much fun. Now either behave yourselves or you'll have to go stand in the corner for a five minute time out. :jester:

Archived