StS turbo gettting closer

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brent, don't sweat it about the SRT, 8-9lbs of boost ain't going to cut it. You were better off. Especially with your stock cam.

So there is a oil pump on the turbo? How did the tuning go?

Yes, there is an oil pump on the turbo. 2 speed. low for up to 1psi and hi for over.

only had 5 minutes at the end of the day to actually get rid of trouble codes... sort of a tuning I guess. Took a while to trouble shoot the dang oil pump so there was no time. And they overnighted me a new one. Be here in the morning.

Feed comes from the plate under the enging near the base of the motor.

Jonathan

That would be where the engine cooling loop is. Does the system come with an adapter plate to tap into that flow?

yessir. This is what I was speaking of last page... the tap of the engine block above and next to the drain line. I have a picture of it... and the rest of the system. I will be sending them to SuperchargedBerserker tomorrow to post.

Jonathan

That would be where the engine cooling loop is. Does the system come with an adapter plate to tap into that flow?

yessir. This is what I was speaking of last page... the tap of the engine block above and next to the drain line. I have a picture of it... and the rest of the system. I will be sending them to SuperchargedBerserker tomorrow to post.

Yeah Brent, I know how your tap had to be done. How is it done for trucks without the towing package? Does it go to the same spot as the lines for the oil cooler.

The size of that oil cooler in your radiator doesn't appear like it would have very much effect. No way it makes a difference in a heavy tow. It's tiny, too small. I would have just taken the lines off instead tapping into the block. My personal opinion.

Jonathan

Yeah Brent, I know how your tap had to be done. How is it done for trucks without the towing package? Does it go to the same spot as the lines for the oil cooler.

The size of that oil cooler in your radiator doesn't appear like it would have very much effect. No way it makes a difference in a heavy tow. It's tiny, too small. I would have just taken the lines off instead tapping into the block. My personal opinion.

Where was your opinion 2 days ago, buddy? :jester: Too late now!!! :uhoh: We struck oil and all systems are a go. (Well except for that oil pump, which is leaking on my garage floor... and doesn't go into high speed) :cry:

Geez, sorry to hear about the oil pump, Brent. That must seem like an eternity waiting for them to fix it. It would have to me if something like that happened the day they finished my install. Can't wait to hear how it runs when it's fixed.

I'm all disassembled except for the actual oil fittings on the garage floor. Truck on stands. Waiting on the UPS man now. He's supposed to be here before noon. Gettin' oil and grease on the keyboard. Wife's gonna love that. :) I sure hope this is what is wrong and I can laugh about it tomorrow. I'm in the tall bay there in the sig pic.

Two hours to go Brent, I got my fingers crossed for you. ;)

Thanks Eric. I'm feeling a bit obsessive right now. Waiting by the window as he just called to get directions.

BTW, I wish I coulda been there to see that truck in San Antonio. You gonna be at Witchita? Hope to finally catch up.

dude what the hell, it has been three and a haklf hours... :wtf: Are u washiong it??? let us know dude... U going tio SARW tonight? is that even possible? :thumbs:

any way if u don't make it this weekend maybee u could come to houston next friday.. justy an idea...

dude what the hell, it has been three and a haklf hours... :wtf:  Are u washiong it??? let us know dude... U going tio SARW tonight? is that even possible? :thumbs:

any way if u don't make it this weekend maybee u could come to houston next friday.. justy an idea...

Ummm, it's raining outside and SAR is only open to the public on Friday nights right? I did get it all sorted out.. the trouble was the oil pump. And I hope I have not fried the turbo by pushing so much oil through it.

You guys will find this funny. It scared the poopie out of me...

The blower puts enough psi into the engine that the oil dip stick pops out and starts spitting oil all over everything on the right hand under side of the hood. (then the A/C lines cool it to a nice light brown mess all over everything.) I noticed it, when my hood started heavily smoking. pushed it back in, doused it with water... took off, 5 miles later, same thing smoke under the hood. Crum buckets.... open the hood, and sure enough, the oil dip stick came out again. Drove straight home, took some pliers and bent the tip just a bit so that it tough, but the dip stick goes in.... Took a drive and romped on it... so far, ok. Other than that, I have another thing to tell you guys. I will post it in the street section where it goes....

Archived