People.

sierra ss

Has anyone ever been asked questions by poeple and get a response to your answer that is as ignorant as the question they asked? Case in point.

1. Get asked all the if its 2wd or a 4x4, tell them it's AWD then they proceed to ask if it's push button or floor shifted.

2. How dose it go around turns if it's AWS, wouldn't it just go side ways.

3. Ask what size engine is in it, tell them 6.0 then they say "oh so it is a 2500". This one mainly comes from parts stores.

4. Whats a Denali.

5. Why are your rear tires crooked.

Sorry guys just board and thought it would be fun to hear what all kind of question people have asked ya'll bout your truck. Later.

lol thats so stupid. People always ask me if it has the 5.7.... or if they are "real car people" they ask if its a LS1. When I say no it's a 6.0 then they ask if its a LS2....No its a LQ9... Then they just walk away b/c they are lost.

On the other hand, I usually drop a few jaws when I say it is AWD. That always catches people off guard lol

lol thats so stupid. People always ask me if it has the 5.7.... or if they are "real car people" they ask if its a LS1. When I say no it's a 6.0 then they ask if its a LS2....No its a LQ9... Then they just walk away b/c they are lost.

On the other hand, I usually drop a few jaws when I say it is AWD. That always catches people off guard lol

:withstupid:

i allways get oh this is the truck with the vette engine huh. i say no its a LQ9 6.0L. oh so its a HD huh

they just dont get it lol

It happens. A guy came up to me after I got out of the SS in a parking lot and asked me if it was a Chevrolet. I replied, yes...Chevrolet does make super sports. He told me it was too bad I didn't buy a Ford Lightning. When I replied Oh yea, its too bad. A friend and I bought our trucks at the same time, I bought an SS and he bought a Lightning for around the same price. Winter came around and I use my truck daily through the snow and all. He could not use his Lightning and had to buy another beater for the winter. I had some extra cash as well so I Magnacharged my SS and did a few other things. I spend less money than him, kept my DD, is now faster than his Lightning, and in the end he has blown his engine 3 times, and I have blown mine once (because of a methanol accident, not reliability).

He told me that Fords still look cooler.

Ignorance is bliss I guess.

been there brother. get a lot of questions about what mine is since it's a little less known to non-enthusiasts than the ss.

probably the most common question i get around here from bumpkins is, "at thang got a 350?"

:banghead:

It is funny when people like to "act" like they know wtf they are talking about :driving:

"Oh yeah, I know that thing. It's made by that one company that makes that other thing. Is that the one with the limited edition thing on it? Man, those things are AWESOME!"

There is always that one guy out at car shows who BS's his way around every car! lol

Oh forgot one. Had the truck over at the high school auto shop, cousin is the teacher, and he was helping me check some things on the truck before my big trip to tulas, OK. This little dumb a$$ come up and looked at the rear fenders and asked why it had fenders like a dulley. :wtf: Same kid about a year before came up to me when me and a buddy was over there putting a clutch in his 98 GT and was asking me why i sold my trans am. Then was like my dads brother bought a 03 trans am that had a LS2 put in it at the factory. :lol: Told him to STFU and go set down and he might learn something.

been there brother. get a lot of questions about what mine is since it's a little less known to non-enthusiasts than the ss.

probably the most common question i get around here from bumpkins is, "at thang got a 350?"

:banghead:

man i miss Tennessee so much lol cant wait to get back home lol

My license plate is "LQ9SS". I chose it because I thought it would be funny to watch the people behind me try to make something out of the license plate. However, this was a mistake. It gets annoying having people ask me what it means. So far, no one knows what the LQ9 is, exept for you guys.

I always get asked if it has an LS2/LS6, all I say is I WISH! Than I say it just has a 6.0 and walk away with my tail between my legs.

Edited by SS Silv (see edit history)