Gauge Cluster Led Conversion

idahoBLKss

Wow thank you for bumping this, probably would've never found it otherwise... Once payday rolls around I am thinking of doing this myself... I read most of the thread except for maybe 2 pages? Just got a couple questions if you don't mind!

1. Did you have to remove the steering wheel airbag to get more access to the buttons?

2. (may be a dumb one) But did you disconnect the battery before pulling of the cluster and all that jazz?

3. What did you use for the blue overlay on your odometer and P R N D 3 2 1 screens? I LOVE the difference that made on em (yes I creeped your photobucket :P) I wanna do that to my climate control and possibly radio as well!

Also, how easy is it to do the soldering? I plan on picking up a test gauge cluster to practice on first.

Edited by ThatTallCanadian (see edit history)

Are you interested in doing this conversion for me, of course I would be paying you?????

my buddy christian, lives here in texas with us. we did mine in less than an hour last week and that was with breaking a resistor wire and trimming the odom. cover sleeve. he can do it if u send the cluster too him/ all the parts u want done and hook u up with a great price. jon (idahoblkss) knows him very well. they were back and forth on this thing.

heres what mine looks like, (i have completely blue everything, waiting to have the time do do the steering wheel controls, windows/locks. a/c etc...

ledgaugecluster.jpg

dashcluster2.jpg

dashcluster3.jpg

my buddy christian, lives here in texas with us. we did mine in less than an hour last week and that was with breaking a resistor wire and trimming the odom. cover sleeve. he can do it if u send the cluster too him/ all the parts u want done and hook u up with a great price. jon (idahoblkss) knows him very well. they were back and forth on this thing.

heres what mine looks like, (i have completely blue everything, waiting to have the time do do the steering wheel controls, windows/locks. a/c etc...

If you and your buddy are interested in doing mine maybe we could work out a plan, im not big on sending stuff off like that but since were so close maybe i could drive down one mornin, get there around noonish and we could make this happen.????? let me know if you guys are interested

What did you use to get your odometer display that nice and blue 8 UR HMI?

Just ordered 50 5mm flat top LEDs 50 3pm flat tops and 100 resistors. But still one question.

What did you use to get your odometer display that nice and blue 8 UR HMI?

:withstupid:

did you guys even read this thread?

your answer is on page 7 post #103

Wow thank you for bumping this, probably would've never found it otherwise... Once payday rolls around I am thinking of doing this myself... I read most of the thread except for maybe 2 pages? Just got a couple questions if you don't mind!

1. Did you have to remove the steering wheel airbag to get more access to the buttons?

2. (may be a dumb one) But did you disconnect the battery before pulling of the cluster and all that jazz?

3. What did you use for the blue overlay on your odometer and P R N D 3 2 1 screens? I LOVE the difference that made on em (yes I creeped your photobucket :P) I wanna do that to my climate control and possibly radio as well!

Also, how easy is it to do the soldering? I plan on picking up a test gauge cluster to practice on first.

1- no but you have to pull it to put the buttons back on .. not hard i showed you how in the write up.

2- no i didnt disconnect the battery.

3-it a gel sheet for lighting also in the write up ...lol

How can you tell wat side is pos an negative on the board when soldering the lights on im having trouble with the hvac unit...I have the dual slide not the digital...I tried putting them on like the 1 on page 5 but just not working. If sumone can steer me in the right direction on how to find the positive an negative side on the board that I solder to I would be greatly appreciate thanks guys

Edited by tWiStEdSs03 (see edit history)

How can you tell wat side is pos an negative on the board when soldering the lights on im having trouble with the hvac unit...I have the dual slide not the digital...I tried putting them on like the 1 on page 5 but just not working. If sumone can steer me in the right direction on how to find the positive an negative side on the board that I solder to I would be greatly appreciate thanks guys

Yeah sorry the bulb on the top left needs to be flopped I posted the wrong pic. But the way to tell is after you pull you ac apart plug it back in and hold the led to the connection. And it will light up when correct, keep in mid that on the hvac units the leds are in sequence so if one is not right all of them in that sequence Wont work.