Welcome

sk_josh

Question

• Answers 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that is a very well put point. the c1500 454ss may have been pushing the ss badging also, but it was by far the quickest truck made from gm at the time and was able to compete with the lightning. now, the lightning has improved and the ss silverado gained alot of weight. i'm not saying the ss should compete with the lightning, but it's no quicker than a base silverado and is just a very nice family truck. 345hp in a 1000 lb lighter truck i'd call an ss, but now without a diet it's just a very nice family ride. it's like calling a 2500hd an ss since it's availabe with 340hp. as for the other ss's with lower hp, even they would likely outperform the family ss and yet still have much more to be optioned.

Ladies and learned gentleman, may I post one from my section-manager of the peanut dept with little or no information regarding modificationsto a factory stock unit. People walk over and ask about the truck-people poiny at the SS and give me thumbs up going down the road, I stopped beside a man, his salesperson and his wife or girlfried riding it the back oh a Lightning, I rolled down my window and told him if we switched trucks for teo blocks it might make him better informed. He wanted to try it, but his salesperson from Ricart Ford in Columbus was on the verge of dialling 911 for assistance, so we settled for merely cruising side by side. Don't know what he finally decided/

Ladies and learned gentleman, may I post one from my section-manager of the peanut dept with little or no information regarding modificationsto a factory stock unit. People walk over and ask about the truck-people poiny at the SS and give me thumbs up going down the road, I stopped beside a man, his salesperson and his wife or girlfried riding it the back oh a Lightning, I rolled down my window and told him if we switched trucks for teo blocks it might make him better informed. He wanted to try it, but his salesperson from Ricart Ford in Columbus was on the verge of dialling 911 for assistance, so we settled for merely cruising side by side. Don't know what he finally decided/

If he had an IQ over 70 we know what he did :jester:

I stopped beside a man, his salesperson and his wife or girlfried riding it the back oh a Lightning,

No peeing contest here, just a comment. If the truck had a back seat, it was NOT a Lightning. No "real" L has ever had a back seat. (And the Harley Crew is no L, even if it did borrow parts of the drive train.) One fellow cut his Gen1 up with a torch and put on an extended cab, did a great job of it, but of course, that's the exception.

One of the things I've noticed (as was pointed out earlier) is that anyone can buy an emblem, any emblem, SS or Lightning. I've seen tons of Lightning posers. As the SS is still pretty new, you probably haven't had the same negative experience. I believe this may be the root of where a lot of these "my new Beatle whipped a Lightning" kind of threads come from.

The current SS is not the same type of vehicle as the L, not made for the same purpose, and as such has minimal if any areas for meaningful comparison. The Harley crew is what the current SS competes with, and I don't have a dog in that fight so...

I'd like to see a firebreathing SS single cab come to the market. I'd welcome the competition and it might even make me change brands. But based on current rumors, that doesn't look like it's going to happen.

A little good spirited competition is a good thing. But the truck isn't my life, it's just a hobby... :D

As was also stated earlier, (shopman1) a vehicle is a very personal thing, and we all have our reasons for our selections. I need a truck to do light hauling, but don't want my knees up around my ears, I want some performance, but it needs to be reliable. And, on the fun side, I truly enjoy "hunting" ricers :cheers: There was no SS when I was shopping for my truck, and I'm very satisfied with my current choice, but nothing lasts forever.

I'm interested in what all the companies are doing and how their products work/mod/last and those kinds of things, so please don't think I'm just trolling your board.

Just my opinions...

Back to lurk mode...

Nicely put Ghostrider and I don't have ANY problem with your comments as they are my exact same feelings and beliefs. I came within an eyelash of buying a Lightning Generation 1 1994, Generation 2 2003, and HD 2002. I have all the respect in the world for those trucks. Wasn't going to buy all 3 just one, could of been either of the 3. I heard about the SS and thought I would wait and see. I settled on the SS because I needed AWD and EC and wanted a NA motor. Test drove the 02 HD and 03 L they are fine trucks :thumbs: and I am very pleased with the SS :thumbs:

Here I thought these were posts about improving this site. Look at what I was missing.

Regardless of what anyone one thinks about chevy or ford, remember if chevy had not produced the 454SS, I don't think that the Lightning or the current SS would be on the road today.

Aside from that, I didn't notice a tutorial section on how to post pictures. I'm not the most computer savvy person out there and may have needed help from the beginning, being new to these type of sites. I believe something pretty simple would be beneficial to the average person. I got it figured out though. Thanks for the work you guys do on the site.

-Ben

All I know is that I'm tired of hearing how one is better than the other. I hate to say it but an L is going to be faster unless you dump a ton of money into the SS. Maybe one day GM will wise up and make the current SS and a single cab SC 6.0L to compete with the other brands. I see the need for both. I like to take more than one person with me sometimes and so far the current SS fits that need. However, I wouldn't mind seeing some competition between Ford and GM :thumbs:

The Ford HD is a nice truck but I think GM trucks have a better ride and IMHO a better feel/quality.

I all I'm asking is can't we all just get along. We all like fast, nice trucks and that's enough. I'm happy with what I bought. However, this is SilveradoSS.com so I'd like to see the topics stay related to that. :cool:

Archived