Muffler With No Drone?

gmspd

yesterday i installed a magnaflow 12595 muffler on my 03 ss because from what i read on this forum, it was recommended by many. this muffler has some serious interior drone from about 1500 to 2000 rpms. on my old 99 silverado z71 i installed a hooker aerochamber muffler and it sounded GREAT inside the truck and outside the truck. i was thinking of installing 2 of these and having another tailpipe bent the same as the stock one therefore having true duals. does anyone have a suggestion as to what to do to get rid of the drone in the cab? thanks for any help!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

other guys have tried x pipes or changing where the exhaust exits but the only way which is guaranteed by my understanding is to go with the corsa sport or corsa touring but this route is prob. not gonna happen since you just put a new muffler in.

i had my cats deleted and with that done i still have very small amount of drone

i went with 2 Thrush turbo mufflers and dumped them before the axle it sounds great out side and can barley hear it inside

the only time i can really hear it is when i get on it

http://s684.photobucket.com/albums/vv207/M...nt=100_1036.flv

A lot seems to depend on luck and your personal view of what drone is. I have LTs cats and 3inch pipes all the way back to a magnaflow dual in dual out and I have very little drone. Of course you can drive around for a few weeks with no muffler and then see where your views on "drone" are after that lol

If you mean that annoying resonance in the cab, adding an x-pipe should do the trick. It worked for me. It still sounds nice outside with no cats, 3" all the way, with Dynomax mufflers, and mid-range headers. And the inside is pretty nice and quiet.

trust me guys i know what interior drone is lol. i have a built 95 z28 w a 355 cammed heads long tubes no cats cutouts and a flowmaster american thunder exhaust. it drones like crazy!! i think i am going to go with the hooker mufflers and an x pipe or h pipe. what is the difference and where is a good place to put it? will dumping them before the axle create alot of interior noise? sick03 where did you get the dynomax xflow? im considering that too. is it a 2 in 1 out muffler like the magnaflow i just got is? thanks for any more info guys! great site!

Look at flo pro mufflers. Found them on performance exhaust site. Have no experience with them but I have been doing the muffler thing myself. I could not find a dealer so I emailed them and about 4 days later I got a reply. Seems not to many dealers in Oklahoma.

Edited by 1quicktruck (see edit history)

trust me guys i know what interior drone is lol. i have a built 95 z28 w a 355 cammed heads long tubes no cats cutouts and a flowmaster american thunder exhaust. it drones like crazy!! i think i am going to go with the hooker mufflers and an x pipe or h pipe. what is the difference and where is a good place to put it? will dumping them before the axle create alot of interior noise? sick03 where did you get the dynomax xflow? im considering that too. is it a 2 in 1 out muffler like the magnaflow i just got is? thanks for any more info guys! great site!

I got mine threw NAPA, my pops got it for me. Its dual in/out. X pipe is built in. Sounds great and I get people asking me about when I start it up. And it louder then my buddies SS with flowmaster.. :cheers: