SOUTHEAST MEET?

I would be down for the Turkey Rod Run. :thumbs: I have been about 5 different years and it is awesome. That way we would have tons of stuff to do and you would not believe all the deals on swap meet stuff.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was at the big spring car show at the Daytona Speedway this year... there was a large club from south Florida that had all '94-'96 Impala SS's. I thought it was pretty cool to see about 40 Impala SS's all roll in at once. Now, how cool would it be to have a large group of Silverado SS's show up? I think we should give some serious consideration to this location! The weather won't be hot, it's a long holiday weekend, there's plenty of room for us there, plenty of cool cars & trucks to check out... plenty of hotels around for those coming from out of town... and plenty of cool places for :cheers: ! At the Turkey Rod Run they used to let you take a parade lap around the speedway and get your picture taken in Victory Lane... I don't know if they still have that, but wouldn't that be cool??? :cool: IMHO I can't think of a better place/event for us to gather at. I know it's a bit farther south than Pensacola or Gainesville, but think about this event and what Daytona has to offer, and there's no comparison. Check out this link for more info. I was just reading up on this, and we're not eligible to enter the show (it's now pre-1980 only) but we can take advantage of the Club Parking (that's what that Impala club that I saw did) and still park inside the Speedway in the infield with all the other vehicles.

So what do you think? :D

Do we need to make resevations now...is it hard to get a place... I think I have a friend that lives about 20 or 30 minutes from Daytona, I can stay there, but I was just curious if everyone is staying together .. you Florida guys may need to set this one up, I will help with whatever...but you knjow more about the area.... :thumbs::chevy:

I am in Jacksonville and believe its only an hour and a half drive from here. I was planning on going there for biketoberfest. So, I will probably commute back and forth.

Do we need to make resevations now...is it hard to get a place... I think I have a friend that lives about 20 or 30 minutes from Daytona, I can stay there, but I was just curious if everyone is staying together .. you Florida guys may need to set this one up, I will help with whatever...but you knjow more about the area.... :thumbs:  :chevy:

This site has links to tons of info including hotel info.

Turkey Rod Run

Go here for directions and driving times:

MapQuest

Here is the address for DIS:

1801 W. International Speedway Blvd.

Daytona Beach, Fla. 32114

If a group of you want hotel rooms, let me know and I will check on discounts.

This is gonna be sooo cool. Hey, what if we all planned on getting together on Saturday at the Speedway and arranged for the Club parking inside? That way we could park in there with the rest of the cars on display. They want us to pre-register, and it's $2 per vehicle, with a minimum of 15 spaces to reserve. So let's see a show of hands... (?) who's interested in that idea?

I was just wondering if there was any new info on this, I noticed it was 12 bucks to get in which isnt bad at all. And, has anyone figured out if we can get into the track as a group?

Archived