SOUTHEAST MEET?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

XGMteck, I just didnt want this thread on the meet to disapear, so I brought it back to life. I would rather keep it up and going so any new people in this area will see it and chime in letting us know if they are interested.

What about Crusing the Coast in Biloxi, MS.. that show is huge.. would be nice to see a group of SS's there....

Biloxi and a couple nights at the Beau Rivage...

My kind of party! :D

I'm game for Pensacola/northern Florida too.

With the job outsourcing July 1, I have stick around for the transition.

K/C's not going to work out this year. :(

WW :cool:

• 1 month later...

Just thought it had been a while since I had seen a post on this event, so, I thought I would bring it back to life. I was wondering if yall gave up on it or if XGMtech was still working the details out and that it was still a ways away.

Just to let everyone know, this topic has not died! I am waiting on some answers to a few questions I had about the club parking inside the speedway, adjacent to the car show. When they email me back, then I will post all the details. For those who haven't seen this topic yet, here's all the basic information:

2004 Turkey Rod Run

Held in the infield of the Daytona International Speedway

November 25-28 (SilveradoSS.com members gathering there Saturday the 27th)

Turkey Rod Run website

Admission is $10 for the day

We will be parking as a group INSIDE the Speedway, adjacent to the car show, in the infield - probably in the turn 3 or 4 area.

If you're not familiar with this event, check out their website (link above). Usually there's about 1000 cars present, a HUGE swap meet/trade show... and all kinds of other things going on. Check out the areial photos on their website and you'll see what I mean... this event is HUGE!

More details to follow... I hope to see a lot of you guys there! :seeya::chevy:

Ok, I got answers to my questions from them... they will not allow us to park inside the speedway like you can at the Spring show they have there. They say this show is for "pre 1979 vehicles only". :nonod: So, what sounded like a really cool idea for an SS get-together is now shot.

Anybody have any other ideas? Maybe we could still meet somewhere, then drive over to the show and park together in the "normal" parking lot? :rolleyes: It's still a really cool event, even if they did blow us off... :fume:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived