SOUTHEAST MEET?

I just found Bristol online, it is in TN, and it is 550 miles from Jacksonville, FL. That is a little to far for me to drive the SS after just driving it from Maine in April.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I knew about Bristol TN (mainly because of the raceway) but I thought there might be a Bristol Florida. I would definately be in for a Gainesville, Fl , or somewhere in North Florida. It's still a few miles but not too bad.

Well, then, now all we have to do is actually get a time, date and place. I was thinking of the fall time frame, 100 degrees isnt the most ideal temp to be hangin out drinkin beer! :jester:

I really like the fall idea. We need to take a vote on an area that is most popular.

How about these options.

Atlanta, GA

Gainesville, FL

Pensacola, FL

In these Florida spots some of the Florida natives may be able to suggest a good location. :cheers:

As far as Atlanta I may be able to help there....

These are a few options that I think would be good for all of us. Not too far from the Tenn. and North GA guys but not too far from LA or southern parts of FL. either. :thumbs:

Let me know what you think.

I prefer the Gainsville locations, I am not familiar with it though, I am in Jacksonville now. I would probably be able to make it to the others with enough notice.

How about having the meet at one of the biggest car shows in Florida, The Turkey Rod Run, Not sure on the exact date, but I will find out.

It is at the speedway and always has a great turnout.

Just a thought. :thumbs:

How about having the meet at one of the biggest car shows in Florida, The Turkey Rod Run, Not sure on the exact date, but I will find out.

It is at the speedway and always has a great turnout.

Just a thought. :thumbs:

Daytona Speedway?

I'm obviously up for Pensacola. There is an 1/8th mile track fairly close by, if you guys wanted to run at the track.

Daytona Speedway?

I'm obviously up for Pensacola.  There is an 1/8th mile track fairly close by, if you guys wanted to run at the track.

Yes, Daytona International Speedway, There is a 1/4 mile track not far from there also. In Bithlo, FL.

Lots of cars and tons of stuff to do. I try to go every year.

Turkey Run Info

Speedworld Dragway

Archived