SOUTHEAST MEET?

So am I correct in assuming that the Turkey Rod Run is what the majority wants? I'm not trying to hijack this topic and make the decision for everyone... but if this is indeed what we want to do then I'll gladly play the part of organizer if asked to. :D

Yes, we can all get in as a group and park inside as well (I've seen it done, and it says so on the website under "Club Parking"). If I see there is enough interest, I will arrange it for us. It's only $2 per vehicle, minimum of 15 spaces to reserve, so $30 total. Not too bad... I'm not sure if they will charge us the entry fee on top of that, but it's not too much anyway.

SO... everyone sound off if you're interested. So far, the following people have expressed an interest: rdss, ssjonathan, Plwtwo, GM4LIFE, RollinSSHard, n20pwr, and myself (XGMTech). If there is anyone else please speak up... if not then I will reserve the minimum 15 spaces. And yes, you can come and go as you please, so your truck will not be held hostage during event hours. Once I set this up, all you have to do is tell them you're with the SilveradoSS.com group and they wave you right in. I was thinking of setting this up for Saturday, November 27th.

Any suggestions? If I see enough interest then I will set all this up for us soon... and I'll keep everyone posted on the details. For anyone who wants more info, the website is here, and there is a button to click on that says "Club Parking".

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks like we are already half way there! It should be cool to finally meet up with some other SS's. I have been in Jacksonville, FL for almost 2 months and have only seen 2 maybe 3 other SS's around, which is a complete suprise to me.

C.K.

Thanks XGMTech for taking the lead, if you need anything from me let me know.

If people need hotel rooms, I can see about discounts and I would not wait to reserve them if you want to be near the speedway. I would recommend staying at one of the beachside hotels. Hear are two of the better ones:

Ocean Walk Resort

Plaza Resort

Here are a few more:

Hotels and Resorts

There are cheaper and there is also a Hampton Inn right next to the speedway.

Mike

COUNT ME IN!

Anywhere in FL / GA is great, but FL is better :D

There is a 1/4 mile track not far from there also. In Bithlo, FL.

The track in Bithlo is a good one -- major NHRA events are held there, and its my home track :seeya: . It is about 45-90 minutes from Daytona depending on the traffic, and also depending on traffic, there is a nice backwoods drive between them or I-95 for higher speeds.

If we do it in the Fall / Winter we will all have better times. Its ugly hot here in the summer. And that will allow me to get my power adder sorted out, installed and tuned :cheers:

XGM, have you found any local SS clubs? I sure haven't...

Is Bithol south of Daytona? If so, I probably wont make it, its a little to far to drive on top of an 1 1/2 hour drive to Daytona. But, I will be in Daytona for the Turkey Run.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, just wondering what was going on with this meet, it has been a while since anyone has posted any new info on it. It would be a shame if this fell threw the cracks. I am still interested in going to the Turkey Run in Daytona, just wondering who else was still going to try and make it.

C.K. :chevy:

I am going to arrange club parking inside the Daytona Speedway adjacent to the car show for anyone from this site who wants to show up. It will cost $30 for us all - I'm just waiting for a payday and then I can take care of everything. Then, anyone who shows up just has to say they are with SilveradoSS.com and they will wave you right in. I'll keep everyone posted... this event is still several months away... :D

Archived