Difference Between Silverado Ss Years

vette c5

not trying to thread jack here and this is a question to all. If you had a 03, 04, 05, and a 06 SSS setting in front of you all full option trucks and they all had the same mileage and price tag what one would you pick and why? what options do you wish you had on your truck that you dont?

My current truck fits that bill, I love the Silver Birch, and I say '06 because I personally think the HD Powerdome hood and grill shell look badass. The only thing I do wish I had sometimes is AWD.......but a nice smokey RWD burnout sets me straight. :P:chevy:

i do believe the 05 and up lq9 had a stronger rotating assembly?

also the 2wd SS have 4l65e's little strong then a 4l60 since it has a 5 plantary instead of 4.

the bose sucks if you ever plan on doing a real system in the truck.

if you get a 05 and up be prepared for people to ask you if its a real SS since you have drum brakes in the rear.

All SSSs have the 4L65e, and the '05+ LQ9s do have a bit stronger rotating assembly from what I remember.....'06+ LQ9s have the LS2 timing set.......AWD '05s do not have drum brakes, only '05-1/2+ RWD SSSs do......

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

All SSSs have the 4L65e, and the '05+ LQ9s do have a bit stronger rotating assembly from what I remember.....'06+ LQ9s have the LS2 timing set.......AWD '05s do not have drum brakes, only '05-1/2+ RWD SSSs do......

:withstupid: I forgot about the LS2 timing set in the 06'...

My current truck fits that bill, I love the Silver Birch, and I say '06 because I personally think the HD Powerdome hood and grill shell look badass. The only thing I do wish I had sometimes is AWD.......but a nice smokey RWD burnout sets me straight. :P:chevy:

My 2004 LQ9 had the floating rods.

IMO the 2003 was the best equiped SS. 95% of them have absolutly all the bells and whistles made ( minus sun roof )

and, you'll find them at extremely reasonable prices.

ya I got my 03 SSS for $15,594 out the door thats including TTT. I have the didg A/C and it sux any one wanna trade for manual unit? the temp control knob on the pass side is screwy you have to turn it super slow to get it to move with it jumping up or down as much as 8* per "click".

well my 05 silverado ls i had before my SS had drum brakes. so i figured the 10 bolt awd SS's in 05 got them too.

and i didnt know the 03 and 04 SS's had the 4l65. the trann id sheet i looked at one shop showed a 60e.

and your right black looks best i wish i had got one more and more lately

and i didnt know the 03 and 04 SS's had the 4l65. the trann id sheet i looked at one shop showed a 60e.

The RPO codes in the glove box tell the story, if the code M30 is present, it is a 4L60E.......if M32 is present, it is a 4L65E.......

not trying to thread jack here and this is a question to all. If you had a 03, 04, 05, and a 06 SSS setting in front of you all full option trucks and they all had the same mileage and price tag what one would you pick and why? what options do you wish you had on your truck that you dont?

If I had the choice I'd go with the '05 AWD. It's already been mentioned but it was the only AWD with stock E-fans and the motor had a little bit stronger bottom end. I love mine.

i would get an 04 just because i could get it in arr. blue other wise i would go for a awd 05, but it would defiantly have to be AWD