Big Reds Build

kcsilveradoss

For those who know my truck, know that she has not seen an easy life. But through her trials and tribulations with deer, hail, and the occasional pesky tornado she has overcome adversity and is still around to tell the tale. After paying her off last year she has gotten some upgrades. I started with mild bolt-ons which have not netted me with quarter mile times that I feel she deserves. So far with Black Bear tune, dynatech LTs/cats, corsa sport exhaust, taylor wires, SLP stat, K&N fipk, she has only run a lowly 14.9x quarter mile time. Its time for her to be more than just a pretty truck, so I am picking up a few things that will hopefully get things jump started. My goal for this round is a 12 second daily driver. Even if the goal is achieved, I will by no means be finished. Bear with me as I bumble through this like an idiot, and correct me along the way if necessary because I have the technical savvy of a retarded chimpanzee. I am hoping others like myself can gain some knowledge as well. Plans will be revealed soon. Some of you on here already know, and I appreciate all of your help and free advice. (you know who you are).

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Little do you know, my advice isnt free. I will have the bill ready when this portion of your build is done.

You were the last person i meant to thank. I just know how much you like to hear yourself talk, so I feel like I did you a favor.

more chrome? :jester: I knew you were trying to compete with Brian

For the record, I only have two chromed pieces on the truck. Ok 3, the wheels dont count. Everything is POLISHED :rolleyes:

Any chrome in this build will be completely accident. Also no animals will be harmed during this build, unless Brian comes over.

Yeah whatever

Is this build thread gonna involve hundreds of lovers fueds b/t you and Brian like every other thread on this site ? Eventually you two are gonna have to come out (Que the pink limp wristed emoticon). Maybe even start a new section on gay silverado SS FRIENDSHIP. You can start up threads about snapping each other in the ass while washing your trucks, sitting on each others laps while revving the engine and what you were wearing when you were bent over polishing your 'wheels'. :wtf:

Seriously, get after it Shaun. Can't wait to see where this goes. Any idea when you're gonna have that bitch runnin 12's ? BTW, i have a nav radio i'll sell you cheap. I'll even throw in a shitty old transmission i acquired recently. :jester:

Is this build thread gonna involve hundreds of lovers fueds b/t you and Brian like every other thread on this site ? Eventually you two are gonna have to come out (Que the pink limp wristed emoticon). Maybe even start a new section on gay silverado SS FRIENDSHIP. You can start up threads about snapping each other in the ass while washing your trucks, sitting on each others laps while revving the engine and what you were wearing when you were bent over polishing your 'wheels'. :wtf:

Not sure what to say to this......lol :wtf:

Seriously, get after it Shaun. Can't wait to see where this goes. Any idea when you're gonna have that bitch runnin 12's ? BTW, i have a nav radio i'll sell you cheap. I'll even throw in a shitty old transmission i acquired recently. :jester:

Thats gotta be the funniest thing i have ever read. As far as when, my deadline is by the April 10th gtg here in kansas city. Right now I'm rounding up parts, as long as Justin isn't too busy to fire off a re-tune or two to get it dialed in, I should be ok. You think that nav radio will compliment my other mods? :jester:

Some of you on here already know, and I appreciate all of your help and free advice. (you know who you are).

:ninja:

Glad to lend advice as always brother. :cheers: Good luck with the build.......

do whats the name of your truck??? it cant be "big red" I was thinking more like... stinky PINKY??

Pink Panther? how bout "Stardust" or Fairy Dust? or Pink... shit I cant think of any more???

anyone have any ideas?? Help a brother out on this, Shaun needs a new name!!! :cheers: