More Muscle For Truck

Joe Roknic

you still bringing this beast to kansas city? :D

....Now my wife is talking about getting away for our aniversary. It's on April 2nd. Depending on when and how long she wants to get away will determine if I'll be able to come......sorry guys, I really wanted to come....but I gotta put this first

....Now my wife is talking about getting away for our aniversary. It's on April 2nd. Depending on when and how long she wants to get away will determine if I'll be able to come......sorry guys, I really wanted to come....but I gotta put this first

you can do both, tell her marriage is all about compromise, you get what you want, and she gets what you want :D

did u get a new o-ring for the oil pickup tube? the new ones are red and are much better. just make sure since u have the oil pump off.

btw, did u drop the pan or use a pry bar to separate it to pull the pump off??

did u get a new o-ring for the oil pickup tube? the new ones are red and are much better. just make sure since u have the oil pump off.

btw, did u drop the pan or use a pry bar to separate it to pull the pump off??

I haven't ordered a new o-ring yet, but I probably will....thank's for the heads up. Do you have a part # handy for the o-ring? And the oil pan has been dropped.

What you cant call to hang out. WTH LOL looks like I might have to enjoy Union Grove this year.

Sorry Mike....just got caught up in it. Bring the G-8 to the track when you come...let's see what it can do

I haven't ordered a new o-ring yet, but I probably will....thank's for the heads up. Do you have a part # handy for the o-ring? And the oil pan has been dropped.

http://www.sdpc2000.com/details/gm-factory...-parts/12584922

its like 9 bucks at any gm dealership. ur gonna have fun with that lol.

build for Joe

Heads: Trick Flow 225's, 65cc chamber, CNC'd by TEA. I talked to Brian and Mike at TEA to come up with set of heads. Intake valves are TFS stainless, exhaust valves are inconel for boost ready. TI ret, .660 springs

Cam: Custom speced cam by patrick G for the goals that Joe has with his NA build, the truck intake, weight of his truck and his stall. 226/230, 5xx/6xx 112 +4

Rockers: Yella Terra UL. These seem to be the rocker of choice of right now based on there wipe pattern and their weight. Stock rockers have a lighter nose weight to them but TFS calls out that an aftermarket rocker must be used.

lifters: CTS-VR GM lifters. i have read they can handle 8000 rpm. I've had no problems on my truck with them. they will be preloaded to .025-.045. I'd like to stay on the .025 side but we'll see what push rods i can get.

Head gaskets: Cometic 4.030 bore, .040 thick.

push rods: comp cams .080 wall 5/16. around 7.5 long but need to verify before we order

head bolts: Stock GM TTY

timing chain: ls2

crank bolt: stock TTY

gaskets: sdpc cam gasket kit

Injectors: GM 8.1 marine 42#

compression: 11.33:1 SCR, not sure on DCR

Goals

Fast truck. I'm hoping to see 440 RWHP out of his truck on a mustang dyno converter locked, about 570 at the crank with the truck intake. Of coarse this is going to take some time from zippy to get up there, but once he dials the tune in, i think she'll do it.

We are both hoping for a 12.9 pass out this stock cubed NA motor. however, with the weight of his truck and his converter i'm thinking 13.2-13.3 is closer. But you never know, with the truck intake he might be able to pull a high 1.7 60 foot, even a low 1.8 might be a 12 sec pass if the truck pulls real hard up top.

I also have to add Krambo to the thank you list. I had some questions about his build and some theories to run past him, and as always, he shared his experiance with me.

Edited by shadowsniper3006 (see edit history)