More Muscle For Truck

Joe Roknic

Just out of curiousity, but why aren't you guys using ARP head bolts/studs instead of the GM TTY. about the same cost and you don't have to worry about the bolts streatching.

arp head bolts are around $142, head studs are around 245. GM TTY are 46 for both heads. At this time i didn't feel the ARP bolts were worth the cost untill he goes FI, which could be next year or 2 years from now. And at the time he does go FI we might want to pull the heads off and have them chambered bigger if he is going to use the stock block with flat top pistons, or at least up the head gasket thickness to make it more boost friendly, his cam is also not set up for FI so we would be swapping that as well. So at that time when more money can be saved up for even a meaner build we would go ARP along with all the other FI parts that would target better numbers.

Brad

Just and FYI, I am running 15lbs of boost from my Procharger on GM headbolts without any issues. Stock 317 heads, ported, polished, cammed, Forged, and a bunch of other crap. I think he will be fine with brads work. Brad has been around these trucks and has a DAMN fast N/A motor, I would trust his judgements.

Nice work Joe, glad to see you are modding her! aint it fun?

Just and FYI, I am running 15lbs of boost from my Procharger on GM headbolts without any issues. Stock 317 heads, ported, polished, cammed, Forged, and a bunch of other crap. I think he will be fine with brads work. Brad has been around these trucks and has a DAMN fast N/A motor, I would trust his judgements.

Nice work Joe, glad to see you are modding her! aint it fun?

Yeah...it's alot of fun. When I saw those pics of whistle under all that snow, I felt my heart skip a beat.

Edited by SS Muscle Truck (see edit history)

arp head bolts are around $142, head studs are around 245. GM TTY are 46 for both heads. At this time i didn't feel the ARP bolts were worth the cost untill he goes FI, which could be next year or 2 years from now. And at the time he does go FI we might want to pull the heads off and have them chambered bigger if he is going to use the stock block with flat top pistons, or at least up the head gasket thickness to make it more boost friendly, his cam is also not set up for FI so we would be swapping that as well. So at that time when more money can be saved up for even a meaner build we would go ARP along with all the other FI parts that would target better numbers.

Brad

sounds like you guys are doing your homework. Last time I bought TTY bolts they where not 46$. Good luck with the build and hopefully you guys can get some track times soon.